Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   CHOPTAG™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   CHOPTAG - 2010 - Spring Plant Swap (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=13507)

Earl March 30, 2010 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your name is on one of these Polish Dwarfs. [B]You and it[/B] just don't know it yet!:shock: I hear one yelling, "Tootaloo! Tootalooooooooooo!" Another, "Tim! Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" One banging it's tap root, "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" One whining pitifully, " Pete! Pete! Pete! Pete! Pete! I can be ready by [SIZE=6]JUNE[/SIZE]! [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=6]Pete!!![/SIZE][/FONT]"

tootaloo April 1, 2010 07:03 AM

Oh Always room for a new baby. But since Earl dosn't take home more tomato plants. I will bring some pepper babies.Earl you gotta have them. That is not a :twisted: question..

Crispy Corners Guy April 2, 2010 04:20 AM

If they are still available to reserve, I'd love to reserve one plant of each one listed below that I've seen posted here as potentially available. I'll be certain to bring FOOD to the event in exchange. My chickens are laying very well these days, and I'll bring deviled eggs from pampered hens and some kind of wickedly decadent dessert for sure.

Thanks!

Tim

From Earl: Gregori's Altai, Lime Green Salad, Polish Dwarf, and Kimberly
From Jerry: Carbon, Marianna's Peace, Paul Robeson, Opalka, Wessel's Purple Pride, and Sungold
From Barbee: Black from Tula, Black Cherry, Snow White Cherry, Striped Roman, Spudakee Purple, and Berkely Tie Die

Barbee April 2, 2010 05:00 AM

Got your order wrote down Tim :)

I'll bring a side dish to go with the meal and, of course, my infamous break and bake cookies LoL

Earl April 2, 2010 08:15 AM

Ok, Tim, got you down for Gregori's Altai, Lime Green Salad, Polish Dwarf, and Kimberly. BTW, what's the size of your flock of chickens?

JerryL April 2, 2010 11:01 AM

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I’ve got everyone’s request logged. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Unfortunately Paul Robson is a no-show this year. :cry: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]But everything else seems to be coming along just fine. :D [/SIZE][/FONT]

pete April 2, 2010 12:17 PM

Thanks Earl, I'll try one of those.

I have some paul robeson seeds i can start with my other 700 seedlings, so I will see how mine do and bring Paul R.

Pete

Earl April 2, 2010 08:23 PM

Ok, Pete, got you down for a Polish Dwarf.

pete April 2, 2010 10:13 PM

[INDENT][SIZE=7]Thanks Earl[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]A polish dwarf- Cool[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [U]pete:surprised: :D[/U][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[/INDENT]

Crispy Corners Guy April 2, 2010 11:48 PM

Thanks everyone!

In response to Earl's question, I have about 60 hens and a dozen roosters of various rare or endangered, show-quality chickens on our farm. The vast majority of them are bantams so the eggs are very small, but I do keep a few full-sized hens that are good egg layers because the bantams don't lay nearly as many eggs and rarely lay any eggs at all in the fall and winter. I'll bring some pictures to the plant swap.

We also have alpacas on our farm so I'll bring a few pics of those too. I can hardly wait to meet everyone!

Tim

Earl April 3, 2010 09:53 AM

I assume everyone has been to the CHOPTAG website? that Mark has made for us. If not and you'd like to know what to "kind of" expect by seeing some pictures of past events, use the link below.

[URL]http://www.ih.k12.oh.us/estech/mark/garden/choptag.htm[/URL]

Earl April 4, 2010 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If all continues to go well I’ll also have some of these to share/swap, plus other stuff like peppers etc. So if you want any of these or the early types aboveplease put in your request. Earl

Mexico Midget cherry
1 to Tim
Green Doctors Cherry =2 left
1 to Tim
Black Cherry =3
Dr. Carolyn White cherry =1
1 for Pete

Dr. Carolyn Pink cherry =2
Sungold cherry =3

Earl’s Faux
1 to Tim
Aunt Gertie’s Gold
1 to Tim
Christopher Columbus paste type [this is a new one]
1 for Gary

Beauty King
Wes
Polish
Cherokee Purple

Dwarf Red Heart
1 for Gary
[I haven't grown this one before- here's info I've found on it] heavy production, 24" , med sizeA bush tomato, according to its name very small - about 50 cm - and is therefore well suited to culture in a bucket is for.The extremely robust plants bear red, elongated, tapered down fruit.Aroma. They have very few seeds and have a pleasantly sweet flavor. Described as "very nice, 2-3 foot (plants), hardy - healthy, great for 4 to 5 gallon container."

Dwarf Red Heart

pete April 6, 2010 07:59 AM

Earl, I would like a Dr. Carolyn White plant.
have you grown it before??? Taste???

Thanks[SIZE=7],[/SIZE]
[SIZE=7] Pete:panic: [/SIZE]

Earl April 6, 2010 11:24 AM

Pete,
Yes, Dr. Carolyn white is very good, outstanding flavor, and productive.

Crispy Corners Guy April 6, 2010 10:00 PM

Earl,

I would like an Earl's Faux, an Aunt Gertie's Gold, a Mexico Midget, and a Green Doctor's Cherry plant if you still have them available.

Thanks!
Tim