Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Aussie Summer Harvest - the brag thread (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=7151)

Mantis November 27, 2007 08:45 PM

Aussie Summer Harvest - the brag thread

2 Attachment(s)
First ripe ones. 3 Gary O'Senas with the first ugly one just over 1 pound

Suze November 27, 2007 09:11 PM

Very nice - Manto and all, keep those brag pics coming!

Winding down here, getting cold. So I'll just start to enjoy the SH pics for now. :)

cottonpicker November 27, 2007 09:34 PM

manto....... Nice pics! Good sized fruit! Now that Gary O'Sena is in production, will you tell us your opinion? Taste?? Plant habit?? It's on my "grow list" for 2008.

Thanks..
LarryD

Mantis November 27, 2007 09:54 PM

Hi and thanks. Suze I think you sent me the GaryO seeds so thanks for that.
They are a vigorous plant that sets fruit really well and they are early for a big fruit as you can see.
They are prolific for me as well although this one and others have stopped flowering thru something I have done :(

Spatzbear November 27, 2007 09:59 PM

Lovely, Mantis! I like the look of this fruit. What are you going to do with them?
Please send pictures of meal and taste report! :cute:

tessa November 27, 2007 10:35 PM

gee manto...how early did you have to start again to get ripe fruit in november????

nice job!

Mantis November 27, 2007 10:47 PM

Greenhouse Tessa, greenhouse ;)

cosmicgardener November 28, 2007 12:44 AM

I take it the panic over wilt or blight or whatever is well and truly in the far distant past ;)

Grub November 28, 2007 03:08 AM

Good growing. You're still the man (to).
Always good to have you come in with these inspiring bombs.
Good fruit set here.

Mantis November 28, 2007 04:30 AM

Yes Cosmic, the leaf mould/blight/whatever has stopped and the fruitset has increased. I'm a happy Mantis.
Picked my first two Sungolds that were not even quite ripe. Crunchy and sweet. None of these will make it to the house , so if the wife and kids wish to try them, they can come down to the patch :))
Great to hear about the fruitset Grubo, hope you are keeping the blight at bay eh. Been humid up there by the looks of the weather sites

Grub November 28, 2007 05:16 AM

Too right, Manto.

It's November and every bucket, pot, wheelbarrow and container is half full of rainwater and, soon, mozzie larvae.

Really humid and some pretty severe EB all round... trimming daily... with the rain it's hard to spray anything.

Still believe in my observation and theory here: black and green-when-ripe types get black lesions from EB, whereas reds and pinks get the usual yellowing.

Also, thanks for Prudens Purple... very prolific by the looks of things.

cosmicgardener November 28, 2007 06:52 AM

Off to Hobbit Town for a coupla days - hope to see something ripe when we get back. This is the hottest November in Tas. that I can remember - no wind, no humidity, UV sky high. Snakes have woken up, two sighted so far, normally it's February before we spot any. No one is walking up the hill any more until the grass gets cut. Rabbits are rampaging so hopefully the snakes don't need to come into the garden............

Full Moon November 29, 2007 12:34 PM

Well done Mantis!

I'll take an ugly one any day I'm dying for a fresh tomato.

Rena November 29, 2007 03:24 PM

VERY nice!!!! (lucky you):cute:

Tomstrees November 29, 2007 06:52 PM

whoooahhh ! Good growin Mano !!!

~ Tom