Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Tiburon poblanos! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=42643)

Shrinkrap August 26, 2016 03:20 AM

Tiburon poblanos!

1 Attachment(s)
I am LOVING these! Early, prolific, a little hot, big and flat and perfect for roasting and peeling. Also growing 211, and they are both at least six feet tall in earth boxes, but the 211's are just setting fruit, while Tiburon is on a second wave.

ReginaAnn August 26, 2016 02:38 PM

Those are some gorgeous peppers!

Shrinkrap August 26, 2016 03:57 PM

Thank you!

Worth1 August 26, 2016 04:06 PM

Nothing beats a red Poblano.
I buy the dried ones that are still leathery and eat them like jerky.

Worth

Shrinkrap August 26, 2016 04:10 PM

I try to have some ripe ones for jelly. I worry about doing it too early because it might reduce flowering, but these plants might handle it fine.

wildcat62 August 26, 2016 05:36 PM

Love those in some homemade salsa.

Worth1 August 26, 2016 06:32 PM

When the Poblano hit the store shelves a few years ago I kissed bell peppers goodby.

Worth

dmforcier August 26, 2016 08:14 PM

Oooo. I can taste the rellenos! Nice peps!

friedgreen51 September 5, 2016 10:30 PM

Tiburon Poblanos

Based on your beautiful photo, I ordered a pack of Tiburon Poblano seed from Park's Seed Company. I was able to take advantage of their free Labor Day shipping special. Excited to try it next year.

Shrinkrap September 5, 2016 11:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you and good choice! They have put out so many great peppers. These babies just don't quit! Here is a recent photo. My garden buddy likes them too.

Worth1 September 5, 2016 11:45 PM

Friendly frog.:yes::yes::love::love:

Worth

yardn_gardn September 6, 2016 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=Shrinkrap;589084]I try to have some ripe ones for jelly. I worry about doing it too early because it might reduce flowering, but these plants might handle it fine.[/QUOTE]

Will picking pablanoes make them stop producing? Are other peppers this way too?

Shrinkrap September 6, 2016 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=yardn_gardn;591281]Will picking pablanoes make them stop producing? Are other peppers this way too?[/QUOTE]

Sort of the opposite. I was under the impression that many flowering plants will stop making flowers if you let fruit ripen (peppers turn red) or make seed, becuase they get the message "my work is done".

yardn_gardn September 6, 2016 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=Shrinkrap;591284]Sort of the opposite. I was under the impression that many flowering plants will stop making flowers if you let fruit ripen (peppers turn red) or make seed, becuase they get the message "my work is done".[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying! That's my understanding too.

Shrinkrap September 6, 2016 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=Shrinkrap;589084]I try to have some ripe ones for jelly. I worry about doing it too early because it might reduce flowering, but these plants might handle it fine.[/QUOTE]

I see where I was confusing. I worry about letting them get ripe too early in the season. Come November I let them light up like a Christmas tree!