Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   My 20 varieties for the upcoming season- (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50550)

Master Shake August 4, 2020 09:48 PM

My 20 varieties for the upcoming season-

Hello guys and girls,

I wanted to share my selection of 20 varieties i will be trying this spring, if anyone has strong opinons on any of the varieties i list, please TELL ME WHY? :? :love:

- Red Brandywine
- Pink Brandywine
- Flamme
- Green Grape
- Brown Berry
- Tomme Toe (red)
- Tomme Toe (yellow)
- Black Beauty
- Solar Flare
- Cherokee Purple
- Black Zebra Roma
- Opalka
- Taxi
- Principe Borghese
- Uluru Ochre
- Dwarf Wild Spudleaf
- Dwarf Blazing Beauty
- Tastywine
- Tasmanian Chocolate
- Amish Gold

Dark Rumor August 5, 2020 02:31 AM

I see you have several dwarfs, i grew 6 dwarfs the past couple of years and this year dwarf pink passion and dwarf rosella crimson were very productive. I grow them in earth box type containers and both were very productive and tasted good.

Master Shake August 5, 2020 04:20 AM

[QUOTE=Dark Rumor;758838]I see you have several dwarfs, i grew 6 dwarfs the past couple of years and this year dwarf pink passion and dwarf rosella crimson were very productive. I grow them in earth box type containers and both were very productive and tasted good.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 5 dwarf varieties.
Is there any difference in the flavour of dwarf tomatoes compared to regular heirloom indeterminates?

Lotte August 5, 2020 08:47 AM

Looks like a great list to me - different colors, different sizes.Think that will be some of a salad bowl or what ever you will make out of them.

gdaddybill August 5, 2020 08:54 AM

I think you should add Kentucky Beefsteak and Chef's Choice Bicolor.

Master Shake August 5, 2020 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=gdaddybill;758847]I think you should add Kentucky Beefsteak and Chef's Choice Bicolor.[/QUOTE]

Maybe next year. I always like to add varieties to an ever expanding list.

rhoder551 August 5, 2020 05:15 PM

The only one I've grown on your list is the Flamee or the Jaune Flamee according to my seed packet. First time I've grown it and it has been the best of all this year. Great flavor and juicy, fairly productive smallish sized fruits, but the skin of the tomatoes is on the tough side...doesn't bother me too much. I just made a grilled cheese sandwich and added some thin slices of the Flamee tomato,yum. I'm having trouble with blossom end rot on my other types but this one doesn't have that problem.

Whwoz August 5, 2020 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=gdaddybill;758847]I think you should add Kentucky Beefsteak and Chef's Choice Bicolor.[/QUOTE]

Not sure that these are available down under, the Chefs Choice range sounds interesting to me