Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   A new bicolor heart (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29654)

frogsleap farm August 10, 2013 10:35 AM

A new bicolor heart

1 Attachment(s)
This is from a F2 plant derived from a cross with Everett's Rusty Oxheart. Wonderful flavor - hope I can keep the whole package together through the F8. This is quite a bit earlier than ERO, and the fruit are smaller and sweeter.

RobinB August 10, 2013 01:15 PM

Gorgeous! What does the exterior look like?

frogsleap farm August 10, 2013 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the exterior

carolyn137 August 10, 2013 03:22 PM

Looking great Mark.

The only other bicolor heart that I know of offhand, and it's a traditional gold/red bicolor, is Orange Russian #117'

This one looks very different.

And taste, b/c that's the primary reason for growing tomatoes, at least IMO.

Carolyn, the tomato heart lover.;)

frogsleap farm August 10, 2013 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;370304]Looking great Mark.

The only other bicolor heart that I know of offhand, and it's a traditional gold/red bicolor, is Orange Russian #117'

This one looks very different.

And taste, b/c that's the primary reason for growing tomatoes, at least IMO.

Carolyn, the tomato heart lover.;)[/QUOTE]

I had you in mind Carolyn. It's early on in development, but let me know if you want to try it. This is a Carolyn only invitation.

Mark

travis August 10, 2013 05:27 PM

Mark, I saw the cross section cut-away on Facebook earlier this afternoon. Beautiful! And I really dig that bloody molar tooth root dealie in the middle. 8-)

Doug9345 August 10, 2013 08:28 PM

It's a really nice looking tomato. I wish you luck with it and look forward to being able to buy it in a half dozen plus years.

carolyn137 August 10, 2013 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=frogsleap farm;370306]I had you in mind Carolyn. It's early on in development, but let me know if you want to try it. This is a Carolyn only invitation.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the invitation Mark and I'll either PM you or e-mail you in the next few days about it.:)

Carolyn, who just finished watching a great match between Nadal and Djokovic, which Nadal won. And now to bed.;)

livinonfaith August 11, 2013 01:53 AM

Wow! That thing is gorgeous!

(At least it was until I read Travis' remark. Yuck, Travis! Try to reign in those descriptions, man! This is food we're talking about!):twisted:

I looks a lot juicier and seedier than your average heart. How's the taste?

frogsleap farm August 11, 2013 08:51 AM

Taste is excellent. It is not a typical heart, more seed, less meaty, and sweeter.

RobinB August 11, 2013 01:32 PM

I'm not sure I can wait to try this one, but I'll try... looks so pretty. I wish you success in stabilizing it!

Raiquee August 28, 2013 12:05 PM

gorgeous Mark! I am a sucker for this really high contrast bi colors. The striping on the outside is beautiful too, so uniform! The stripes almost look like they are bleeding into the gold background.

Whatcha gonna call it? Bleeding heart? ;)

FaithHopeLove August 29, 2013 09:34 PM

I like that name Raiquee!

frogsleap farm August 29, 2013 10:28 PM

Me too.

peppero August 30, 2013 08:11 AM

THAT SURE IS PURTY. i hope the seeds will be available before I am too old to grow and enjoy this beauty.

jon:yes::wait: