Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Gardening in the Green™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Xtreme Gardening Sample Kit (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=27177)

RayR March 23, 2013 02:31 PM

Xtreme Gardening Sample Kit

[URL="http://www.xtreme-gardening.com/products/xtreme-sample-kit"]Xtreme Gardening is offering a free sample kit[/URL], you only pay UPS shipping & handling.
Worked out to $15.84, not a bad deal for all that.

Xtreme Sample Kit

includes:
- 2x Mykos Bars
- 1x Azos sample
- 1x CalCarb sample
- 1x Mykos WP sample
- 1x 2ct Xtreme Tea Brew samples
- 1x Feeding Guide
- 1x Xtreme Gardening Sticker

[IMG]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/599054_631335510215166_783118307_n.jpg[/IMG]

Feywalker March 23, 2013 10:01 PM

I think I'm going to go ahead and order this, it'd be good for comparing to the boogie brew I just got. I sure love a good experiment.

Worth1 March 23, 2013 10:17 PM

Are you supposed to drink this stuff or put it on your plants?:twisted:

Worth

RayR March 23, 2013 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;336025]Are you supposed to drink this stuff or put it on your plants?:twisted:

Worth[/QUOTE]

Worth, I hear if you take a swig of the tea and if it gives you indigestion take a teaspoon of the CalCarb and it will clear you right up. :roll:

Feywalker March 24, 2013 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;336025]Are you supposed to drink this stuff or put it on your plants?:twisted:

Worth[/QUOTE]

:lol: I must admit, the packaging is a bit "x-treme"

Worth1 March 24, 2013 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Feywalker;336221]:lol: I must admit, the packaging is a bit "x-treme"[/QUOTE]

Seriously I had to look real close to see.
They look just like those energy packets they sell at the store.

Great packaging.

Worth

sio2rocks March 24, 2013 08:48 PM

I hope I have "X-treme" results. If only the pumpkin growth ratios carry over to tomatoes.

>>>I'd love to have a 10 lb tomato. ;)

Colin

amideutch March 25, 2013 01:55 AM

This is a good deal since you only pay for shipping. You have Mycorrhiza wettable powder you can use for a dip, the mycorrhiza granulate to put on the rootball or in the planting hole, Azos which is used for nitrogen fixation which can be applies as a drench or foliar, Cal Carb for calcium and tea brews. GO FOR IT, Ami

RayR March 28, 2013 03:11 AM

It appears they are sold out of the sample kits for now. I'm glad I got my order in right away.
Hope it comes soon.

The only product of theirs I have already is AZOS which I bought last month. An initial trial on some basil seedlings is pretty impressive so far. I'm going to trial AZOS on cloning cuttings too VS a synthetic rooting hormone too.

Dak March 28, 2013 08:50 PM

Ray, thanks for the heads up, I was able to order before they sold out as well, always a good feeling.

I talked with my local hydroponic store guy about Xtreme, he said that the suggested usage for the Mykos was very liberal, he uses a lot less, and that it was important to get it directly on your roots, otherwise, it would be wasted. He was also very enthusiastic that the Mykos was just one strain, that it does not compete with other strains for root space. He also gave me a sample of the Mykos and the Azos. :D (he's a great guy) I up-potted a number of peppers this morning, so I'm doing a test run. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my trial.

amideutch March 29, 2013 06:20 AM

Extreme pumpkin store carries most of the X-treme products plus other products that might interest. The owner is a member here at Tville and the customer service is great. Ami

[url]www.extremepumpkinstore.com/[/url]

RayR March 29, 2013 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=Dak;337131]Ray, thanks for the heads up, I was able to order before they sold out as well, always a good feeling.

I talked with my local hydroponic store guy about Xtreme, he said that the suggested usage for the Mykos was very liberal, he uses a lot less, and that it was important to get it directly on your roots, otherwise, it would be wasted. He was also very enthusiastic that the Mykos was just one strain, that it does not compete with other strains for root space. He also gave me a sample of the Mykos and the Azos. :D (he's a great guy) I up-potted a number of peppers this morning, so I'm doing a test run. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my trial.[/QUOTE]

I thought the liberal usage was a little high too since Mykos was supposed to have a very high spore count. I think it's important to get the spores near the roots at as early a stage as possible since the success rate of infection is highest when the roots are young.
I'm not convinced about the single species theory, but then I haven't tried it. Mykos is Glomus Intraradices, the most common species found in most natural soils around the world, a kind of universal symbiote. Some plants will associate with some species over others for whatever benefits.
That was nice of him to give you samples of Mykos and Azos. Hydro stores are a great place to get samples when they offer them, I got some free samples of the XG feeder packs.

sio2rocks March 29, 2013 08:51 PM

Has anyone who ordered the sample kit received any kind of shipping confirmation or a number? I have checked several times the status of my order on their site and it has remained "Awaiting Fulfillment." Maybe I am impatient. But then again I hope they didn't sell out before I got my order filled :no:.

Best,
Colin

Dak March 29, 2013 10:05 PM

Colin, I registered with them when I ordered, within 10 mins I got a status "awaiting fulfillment" email (that was Monday). My status hasn't changed since then.

sio2rocks March 30, 2013 12:23 AM

[QUOTE=Dak;337310]Colin, I registered with them when I ordered, within 10 mins I got a status "awaiting fulfillment" email (that was Monday). My status hasn't changed since then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. It seems we are in the same position. Well fingers crossed they have enough samples for us.

Colin