Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Need Assistance From Romania (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44460)

dannyogolo April 6, 2017 07:36 AM

Need Assistance From Romania

I have been searching for how to buy some COMMERCIAL HYBRID seeds from Romania and have them delivered to me in Nigeria (Africa), and so far it has been difficult.

I have researched and got varieties I like in [url]www.morami.ro[/url] and [url]www.depozituldeseminte.ro[/url] both in Romania.
But the problem I have is that they dont ship outside of Romania.

Does any member know of a forwarding shipping agency that i can ship to and they forward to me?

Alternatively, can a Romania member here assist me to receive the order and resend it to me via DHL?

Thanks in anticipation

Addendum:
Here are the varieties I want to buy. If I can get them from any other website in Mainland Europe or USA where they can ship Intlly, better:

- Cinto F1 (by Rijk Zwaan)
- Matias F1 (by Seminis)
- Ismini F1 (by Hazera)
- Tracie F1
- Addalyn F1 (Semi-Determinate)
- Hector F1 (Semi-Determinate)

I can also settle for the following as alternative to any 2 of the above:
- H11 F1
- Lemnace F1

dmforcier April 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Why Romania?

dannyogolo April 6, 2017 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=dmforcier;629988]Why Romania?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the question, i firgot to answer it while posting.

If you have time, read the last reply i got in this post I made where I was adviced to look towards eastern Europe, and Romania specifically.

[url]http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4046675/derivable-statistics-on-commercial-tomato-gardening[/url]

If you dont have the time, let me paste the very comment below:

Unfortunately not many people here or generally tomato forums will have lots of ideas regarding high yield varieties in optimized conditions, simply because it seems commercial and hobby gardeners don't intersect much. I'm pretty sure at least in capitals there are some agricultural shows where interested people can go and see lots of advertisements and maybe even have taste tests and meet people.

I would start to track down a vendor for quality hybrid seed in your region (maybe you have a site?). This can be harder than it seems. For example I look on enza zaden nl site, I see this and that variety, and I have no clue where to find some of them, no website sells them, even in bulk, they are probably available by attending some commercial growers conferences or something. More easily available hybrids are in Eastern Europe, like Poland, Romania, there you can find bulk (100-1000 seeds) for many hybrids, usually the not so expensive ones (those are mostly popular in Nl,Fr,Uk where they can also get premium price for their products). For example a site: [url]http://www.morami.ro/produse-seminte-si-rasaduri-profesionale/plase-si-tesaturi-pentru-agricultura---arrigoni/seminte-profesionale-de-legume-c25.html[/url]

If any of them ship to Africa, is another matter.

I don't think by starting with good quality old varieties is necessarily a bad idea, just not optimal, and you will need to trial varieties over the years to see what works best for you, it's just how it goes.

scipio April 6, 2017 07:30 PM

sorry

I do not think that you will find any body who will re-sell this seeds outside EU, as they are re-sellers themself and probably bind by contract to stay in their designated regions.As far as I know Hazera Genetics has offices in Ghana - look there! It is much closser to you.

dannyogolo April 7, 2017 05:04 AM

[QUOTE=scipio;630066]I do not think that you will find any body who will re-sell this seeds outside EU, as they are re-sellers themself and probably bind by contract to stay in their designated regions.As far as I know Hazera Genetics has offices in Ghana - look there! It is much closser to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply.
But I think this is not big deal if someone, a member here from Romania will want to assist me. I have done something like this for a member of my GSM forum - I bought some items for him in my country and helped him send it to Senegal.

Here is how it works:
1. Helper will provide me with his name, address and phone number.
2. I make the order online using name and address of helper and make payments online with my card.
3. The seeds are delivered to the helper within Romania.
4. Helper contacts me and tells me the delivery cost and DHL delivery cost to Nigeria.
5. I will send the money to helper via PayPal
6. Helper will send the seeds to me via DHL.

I say THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
hehehe

Father'sDaughter April 7, 2017 09:14 AM

From a quick on-line search, sending seeds into Nigeria seems to be either prohibited and/or restricted. That may be why you haven't found a way to get them.

Starlight April 7, 2017 07:53 PM

If I may make a suggestion, since you are in Nigeria and alot of companies won't send to your country, why don't you look for other varieties instead of hybrids that even if you saved seeds from them, they wouldn't come true and you would just have problems again trying to get more F1 seeds next year.

There are lots of other great varieties out there and companies that may send to your country. I would go that route.

Nan_PA_6b April 7, 2017 10:38 PM

Dannygoloo, how do other Nigerian farmers get seeds?

Nan

dannyogolo April 8, 2017 04:12 AM

[QUOTE=Father'sDaughter;630173]From a quick on-line search, sending seeds into Nigeria seems to be either prohibited and/or restricted. That may be why you haven't found a way to get them.[/QUOTE]

That's not totally correct.
Last season I bought some seeds from burpee and 2 other shops in the USA and they were delivered to me in Nigeria without and issues.
If burpee are in this forum, they can confirm it.

dannyogolo April 8, 2017 04:20 AM

[QUOTE=Starlight;630282]If I may make a suggestion, since you are in Nigeria and alot of companies won't send to your country, why don't you look for other varieties instead of hybrids that even if you saved seeds from them, they wouldn't come true and you would just have problems again trying to get more F1 seeds next year.

There are lots of other great varieties out there and companies that may send to your country. I would go that route.[/QUOTE]

The problem is not my country. The problem is that Romania seed sellers do not deliver outside Romania. I called morami.ro and they said they do not deliver to ANY COUNTRY OUTSIDE ROMANIA. I even told them I can pay for DHL courier, but they said they cannot.

This season, I want to go hybrid. Last season I used hierloom seeds from USA, but I need hierloom this year because of the features.

I intend to recycle them by using grafting method - taking shoots and replanting.

Can you suggest other varieties that have similar features like the ones I mentioned?
They are all high yielding beefsteak.

Thanks

dannyogolo April 8, 2017 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=Nan_PA_6b;630326]Dannygoloo, how do other Nigerian farmers get seeds?

Nan[/QUOTE]

There are some seed sellers in my country, but they don't sell advanced features seeds. Most of the farmers are illiterate farmers. I have the advantage of using the internet and got to know there are seeds with far better features. So why should I settle for less?

I spent money to get greenhouse from China, it will be unwise to plant low feature seeds inside them when I know I can get better

dannyogolo April 8, 2017 04:34 AM

Another way members can help me:

Suggest courier forwarding companies to me, I can call them if I get their numbers

scipio April 8, 2017 05:16 AM

Sorry

Sorry, there simply is no way I can help you.
I think you should try a different aproach. Perhaps buy directly from the producers which have offices in African countries with no ban on seed exports to Nigeria

ginger2778 April 8, 2017 08:48 AM

Johnny's Seeds is an extremely well respected company that has lots of hybrids and will ship internationally. Here's a link to their shipping policies, and you can click to look at their excellent inventory to select hybrids that I am sure will fit your needs.

[url]http://www.johnnyseeds.com/customer-support/shipping/shipping-international.html[/url]

Moshou April 8, 2017 11:21 AM

On the other hand I think that morami.ro does not accept payment in either currency than Romanian

Following your list, the minimum amount you must order is, respectively,

Tomate Cinto RZ F1 - 100 seeds
Tomate Matias F1 - 100 seeds
Tomate Ismini F1 - 500 seeds
Tomate Tracie F1 - 500 seeds
Tomate Addalyn F1 - 500 seeds
Tomate Hector F1 - 1000 seeds

The total amount is 2700 seeds. This is not very simple to send outside of Romania