Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hoy seeds arrived (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=17568)

dipchip2000 March 18, 2011 07:52 PM

Hoy seeds arrived

Wasn't sure where to post this but here it is. Thanks Walter

My seeds arrived today safe and sound. look good!

ron

Lee March 18, 2011 10:01 PM

Ditto here too. Thanks again. I hope to get them started
tomorrow first thing!

Lee

ireilly March 18, 2011 10:11 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I hope you have good luck with them!

Timbotide March 19, 2011 11:54 AM

My seed arrived in perfect condition. Those heavy duty Plastic bags are the ticket. Thanks Walter for doing this for us.

Tim

Mark0820 March 19, 2011 03:23 PM

I received the Hoy tomato seeds today. Walter, thanks for packing and sending them. Also, a thank you to strax and Medbury Gardens.

Timbotide March 19, 2011 04:14 PM

A big thank you to Strax and Medbury Gardens for sharing these special seed with all of us. This will be one that I will either isolate or bag some of the blossoms for sure.

WillysWoodPile March 19, 2011 05:13 PM

Arrived safe and sound today. They will be tucked into their Pro-Mix beds very soon.

Thank You

Farmette March 19, 2011 06:07 PM

Thanks much for the Hoy seeds. They arrived today and I am looking forward to trying them.
Chris

puttgirl March 19, 2011 06:59 PM

I got mine today, too!
Thank you so much.
:D

kath March 19, 2011 07:02 PM

Saw this thread and went down to check the mailbox...mine arrived, too- safe and sound. Thanks again to all!

kath

KLorentz March 19, 2011 07:47 PM

Arrived today.safe and sound and planted today using Pro-Mix. Thanks to Walter for taking the time to send seeds to everyone and also to Strax and Medbury Gardens for their help too.Yes I will be saving seeds this year.

Kevin

husker nana March 19, 2011 08:09 PM

ireilly, thank you. I also received the Hoy seeds today. Thank you to all involved in the distribution of seeds so that they could be passed along to others.

geeboss March 19, 2011 08:13 PM

Seeds arrived today and have sown them . Now I will patiently await the next several months as I think about them joining the pairing with Bacon and Lettuce on a nce sanwich. Thanks again for everyone's help in getting these out to us.

George

shlacm March 19, 2011 08:24 PM

Mine came too! I planted 5 of the 8... kept 3 out, JUST IN CASE! Looks like we'll have some very interesting comparisons with so many people starting them at basically the same time!

rwsacto March 19, 2011 08:50 PM

The Hoy seeds have made it to the west coast. I picked up the mail a few minutes ago.

I haven't planted them yet. :roll:

Thanks again,

Rick

fortyonenorth March 19, 2011 09:06 PM

Thanks Walter - seeds arrived today!

ireilly March 20, 2011 12:28 AM

Sounds like the PO was in hyperdrive today!

Maybe there's still time for everyone to get plants in on time, hope so.

kevinrs March 20, 2011 02:12 AM

Mine arrived today as well, I do notice that the bubble wrap is deflated down the envelope the long way. There is a strip about 1/2 inch at the bottom, and 1 inch at the top that are intact, but the middle is flat. I doubt the seed is damaged, but maybe it gives a clue about the machinery that is damaging seed for some people.

freelancer79d March 20, 2011 10:41 PM

Got mine the other day. Thank you very much!

ireilly March 21, 2011 01:23 AM

[quote=kevinrs;205627]Mine arrived today as well, I do notice that the bubble wrap is deflated down the envelope the long way. There is a strip about 1/2 inch at the bottom, and 1 inch at the top that are intact, but the middle is flat. I doubt the seed is damaged, but maybe it gives a clue about the machinery that is damaging seed for some people.[/quote]

Kevin, thanks for the feedback. I have had good luck sending seeds to others and back to myself this way. Hopefully the bubble wrap that gave up its air in defense of the seeds was not in vain.:)

If anyone has non-germination on all their seeds (or doesn't get their seeds, or just wants more) they can send in another request and when Medbury's generous shipment arrives I will fill them, depending on how many he could send. At this time I am out of seeds from the first shipment, and the last one filled was #25, so please hang on, it's coming. I'll send it without a test this time - especially because of the lateness of the season, but also because Medbury has shipped these in a bubble mailer, and the germination rates have gone up since the first test.

Walter

cloz March 21, 2011 06:56 AM

Seeds arrived Saturday and were well protected by the bubble wrap. They will go into the seed starting mix today.

Thank You,
Bjorn

barefootgardener March 22, 2011 12:31 PM

Seeds arrived safely yesterday. Thank you again Walter..

Ginny