Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Baker Creek Seeds (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=505)

elkwc36 February 19, 2007 11:21 AM

I would urge anyone considering making a purchase to read the latest reviews on Dave's Garden watchdog and make their own decision then.

garnetmoth March 24, 2007 09:48 AM

I just ordered some seeds from them, no tomatoes, but got them within a week, and there was a bonus pack of seeds included. Id buy from them again.

LoreD April 2, 2007 08:56 PM

I have had good luck with BC for the most part. Fast service, wide selection and good germination.

I do have one small complaint and that is the problem of not answering e-mails. Last year I had germination problems with Tiny Tiger tomatoes and something else that I can't remember. I e-mailed through the BC e-mail address and informed them of the problem and that it was unnecessary to send replacements because I had been happy with their the other seeds I received. I did expect an acknowledgement that they received the e-mail, even a thank you for bringing the problem to their attention. No answer.

I've been hearing from a few other people that there if there is a problem that the only way to contact is to phone them.

LoreD

johno April 2, 2007 11:57 PM

I've been buying their seeds since '02 or '03, and have never had any unusual problems. I think their prices are good to fair, and their selection is great.

JereGettle April 4, 2007 10:48 PM

sorry about that LoreD,
if some one does not hear from us it is usually because the email was "filtered" by our email provider.

our toll free number is 866-OLDSEED

Please call for a refund,
Sorry and Thanks!
Jere

carolyn137 April 5, 2007 09:38 AM

A note to all reading or posting in this thread:

This thread is for discussion of Baker Creek as it pertains to fulfilling seed orders and answering customer complaints, not their politics or how they run their forums.

Thanks for your cooperation.

JereGettle April 5, 2007 09:34 PM

That is a little bit different than you stated a few weeks ago.

Anyway our seeds fall under strict usda guidelines and testing.

soil_lover April 5, 2007 10:32 PM

I have been ordering from Baker Creek for five years. The service has been exceptional and I have never had problems with germination. Also, my order always includes free seeds! The selection is also impressive.

elkwc36 August 24, 2007 11:17 PM

There was several wrong leaf and fruit types this year. Also germination rates were the low.

wesleythewatch August 27, 2007 07:25 PM

This company are a great seed company. They even deliver to us folk over the pond (The Atlantic that is). Their prices are realy good and as so many of you have already said they are generous with the seed portions. I oredered 12 packets of wired and wonderfull tomotoes in all colours that you simply cant get here in the UK. My seeds arrived 10 days after ordering which is great for international delivery. Thanks for the recomendation guys.

Wes

wesleythewatch August 27, 2007 07:28 PM

[quote=elkwc36;45981]I would urge anyone considering making a purchase to read the latest reviews on Dave's Garden watchdog and make their own decision then.[/quote]

Do you have a link for this site?

shelleybean August 27, 2007 07:52 PM

I continue to order from Baker Creek and most of my fall garden seeds are from BC this year. I know some have posted they've had problems with tomato seeds growing true to type this season but I guess I'll see what I get in terms of chard, carrots, greens, etc. I think it'll be okay. I'll report back later.

felpec August 27, 2007 08:33 PM

[quote]Do you have a link for this site?[/quote]wesleythewatch,

[URL]http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/[/URL]
is the link for Garden Watchdog - a very helpful site when purchasing from a company you're not familiar with.

wesleythewatch August 28, 2007 02:45 AM

Thanks Felpec:}