Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Fuego Verde and Cherry Roma (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46094)

efisakov July 11, 2018 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Fred,

reporting on Fuego Verde. It is growing nicely: one in container and one in a tomato bed. Picked first one today. Great sweet taste. Excellent texture. My DH and I both like it a lot. Tasted without salt and with it. Fuego Verde is definitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing seeds. What a great tomato.

I am also growing again your Blush and Purple Bumble Bee. Picked few already. Loving the variety of colors and taste.

Fred Hempel July 12, 2018 12:24 AM

I am glad they are doing well for you!

[QUOTE=efisakov;707889]Hi, Fred,

reporting on Fuego Verde. It is growing nicely: one in container and one in a tomato bed. Picked first one today. Great sweet taste. Excellent texture. My DH and I both like it a lot. Tasted without salt and with it. Fuego Verde is definitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing seeds. What a great tomato.

I am also growing again your Blush and Purple Bumble Bee. Picked few already. Loving the variety of colors and taste.[/QUOTE]

Fred Hempel July 27, 2018 08:51 PM

Any other Fuego Verde feedback, from those who got seeds last fall?

PNW_D July 28, 2018 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Funny you should ask .......

just picked these two beauties a few hours ago - shown with KARMA Pink and Heart's Delite Black - these are from my community garden plot - weather has been hot of late (at least for here on the coast)

interesting sepals - will report on taste tomorrow

[URL]http://www.tomatoville.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83440&stc=1&d=1532751830[/URL]

clkeiper July 28, 2018 02:27 PM

So, somehow I lost my tray of Fuego's. i think one of my customers snagged it without asking if it was for sale. I am so bummed. sorry. No feed back from me. but I do have cherry roma in the greenhouse on twine and clips along with one called Mountain Honey new this year from Stokes (and a few other seed vendors). I honestly can't tell the difference between the two of them.

ginger2778 July 28, 2018 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=PNW_D;709767]Funny you should ask .......

just picked these two beauties a few hours ago - shown with KARMA Pink and Heart's Delite Black - these are from my community garden plot - weather has been hot of late (at least for here on the coast)

interesting sepals - will report on taste tomorrow

[URL]http://www.tomatoville.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83440&stc=1&d=1532751830[/URL][/QUOTE]

Those KARMA Pinks look great. I am looking forward to your taste test. Looks like all yours are starting to come in to ripeness now.

joannedamon August 15, 2018 09:24 PM

They both grew well for me. Both very tasty and will regrow next year.

efisakov August 16, 2018 07:45 AM

Reporting good production for Fuego Verde in container and in tomato bed.

It is [U]only[/U] August 15 and we already picked:
from small container (3 gal.) about 4 pounds.
from tomato bed about 6 pounds.

[U]Plenty[/U] green are to ripen soon and still [U]flowering[/U]. We started picking fruits in the beginning of July, so Fuego Verde is definitely coming back next year. Despite few heat waves and heavy downpours it maintained its taste and split so little. I had maybe two tomatoes that did. Compared to many other varieties, it performs great. Average fruit size is about 1 ounce. Once picked can stay on the countertop for more than a week (maybe more than two weeks). We used it in salads, dehydrated, in salsa, fresh eating, it would be great for the tomato jam as well. My family, friends and neighbors all liked it.

It is my favorite tomato on cheese sandwich. Thank you so much for the seeds, Fred. It is my new must grow.

Fred Hempel August 16, 2018 12:51 PM

Thanks for taking the time to write out the details!

[QUOTE=efisakov;711857]Reporting good production for Fuego Verde in container and in tomato bed.

It is [U]only[/U] August 15 and we already picked:
from small container (3 gal.) about 4 pounds.
from tomato bed about 6 pounds.

[U]Plenty[/U] green are to ripen soon and still [U]flowering[/U]. We started picking fruits in the beginning of July, so Fuego Verde is definitely coming back next year. Despite few heat waves and heavy downpours it maintained its taste and split so little. I had maybe two tomatoes that did. Compared to many other varieties, it performs great. Average fruit size is about 1 ounce. Once picked can stay on the countertop for more than a week (maybe more than two weeks). We used it in salads, dehydrated, in salsa, fresh eating, it would be great for the tomato jam as well. My family, friends and neighbors all liked it.

It is my favorite tomato on cheese sandwich. Thank you so much for the seeds, Fred. It is my new must grow.[/QUOTE]

Fred Hempel October 7, 2018 01:01 PM

Any more Fuego Verde reports?

peppero October 7, 2018 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=Fred Hempel;716509]Any more Fuego Verde reports?[/QUOTE]
I had moderate production but I really enjoyed each one and will grow it next year. Good taste!.

Jon