Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Texas Look Out! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45904)

Rockporter August 26, 2018 04:05 AM

I just came across this article about Hurricane Harvey, and it is mostly about being in my town at the pizza hut, only 3/4 miles from my home. I am amazed we had so little damage from it.

[url]https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/three-hours-ingleside/[/url]

hovermother22 August 26, 2018 11:19 AM

Please be safe!

Worth1 August 26, 2018 01:34 PM

Be down your way in a month or two fishing inland in your area.
Seems my friends wife keeps coming up with reasons for him not to go fishing.
I think I could come up with a good reason not to come back.

Worth

Rockporter August 27, 2018 12:50 AM

[QUOTE=Worth1;712808]Be down your way in a month or two fishing inland in your area.

Worth[/QUOTE]

Fishing Inland? Where might that be? Going to a lake here? LOL, reason not to go home, eh? :lol:

Rockporter August 27, 2018 12:51 AM

[QUOTE=hovermother22;712793]Please be safe![/QUOTE]

Thanks, this was last year when Hurricane Harvey hit the area. It is an article I ran into last night in my online browsing. I have no idea why I had not seen it before then.

imp August 27, 2018 01:20 AM

[QUOTE=Worth1;712808]Be down your way in a month or two fishing inland in your area.

Worth[/QUOTE]

There are times using a spouse may well be an excuse to not hurt some one's feelings. Or maybe he has promised to get such and such done. One never really knows what the dynamics are inside a relationship other than the people in it; any one out side the relationship may guess from what is said or seen, but may not be accurate.

I know I got out of socializing with work mates for holiday parties and other things by saying Rob and I were doing this or that or had to go see his Mom. Rob did some of the same too. Just nicer when you have to work with a group to be polite about it and you have to keep working with them, than just say "I see you all the time at work and that is enough." and stress work relations at the job.

Worth1 August 27, 2018 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Rockporter;712892]Fishing Inland? Where might that be? Going to a lake here? LOL, reason not to go home, eh? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I should have said inshore fishing.
Inside the area of the beach in the shallow waters that surround you.
Not in the open ocean outside the surf.

Rockporter August 27, 2018 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;712904]I should have said inshore fishing.
Inside the area of the beach in the shallow waters that surround you.
Not in the open ocean outside the surf.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, the intra-coastal waterway. What part will you be visiting, if you don't mind my nosy prying?

Worth1 August 27, 2018 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=Rockporter;712948]Ahh, the intra-coastal waterway. What part will you be visiting, if you don't mind my nosy prying?[/QUOTE]

Just about right where you live.

Rockporter August 27, 2018 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;712958]Just about right where you live.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I am sure you will enjoy it. Get ready for some serious heat and humidity though. Have lots to drink, eat and sunscreen too. It is taxing on ones body. What are you looking to catch? Are you getting a guide to take you out?

Worth1 August 27, 2018 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=Rockporter;712972]Nice, I am sure you will enjoy it. Get ready for some serious heat and humidity though. Have lots to drink, eat and sunscreen too. It is taxing on ones body. What are you looking to catch? Are you getting a guide to take you out?[/QUOTE]

My boss/friend is was a guide he knows the area like the back of his hand and has the boat too.
We will come in at around noon to relax in a nice private cabin with a swimming pool and spa.
He pays for the fuel boat and transportation I pay for the cabin.
Sounds good to me.
Last time I paid for the bait and fees to the lake he paid for the gas.
We dont quibble with dollars and share all sorts of stuff.
Good times is what it is about not money.

Worth

clkeiper August 29, 2018 07:43 AM

Sounds like fun Worth, have a nice time... just don't run out of gas like we did going out on the mississippi a few years ago... that was fun. true. It was fun and funny. we went to see friend in Iowa and were going to check his duck blind and as we were coming back up the river the engine spluttered and died. oops! I guess someone forgot to check the gas before we took off.

Worth1 August 29, 2018 08:10 AM

We can run all day on a tank of gas.

GoDawgs August 29, 2018 10:29 AM

Good fishing to ya! I'm jealous. :))

Rockporter August 29, 2018 03:16 PM

Sounds like you are in for a treat!