Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Short and sweet winter project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48386)

KarenO February 22, 2019 09:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Staring to see some more colour, not fully ripe but. Clear yellow micro and a really great Stripe on a small indeterminate dwarf that has outgrown the micro definition.

biscuitridge February 22, 2019 11:05 AM

That's a beauty! Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

tryno12 February 23, 2019 01:59 AM

They are for sure pretty, and looking good! Hope they turn out tasty as well!

KarenO February 23, 2019 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=tryno12;727751]They are for sure pretty, and looking good! Hope they turn out tasty as well![/QUOTE]

I am really hoping for something to taste better than what I have previously tried. I do not think any of these will taste particularly worse than the standard micros I’ve tried though and they have some interesting features.
Karen

KarenO February 25, 2019 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dark yellow cherries on a RL 12 micro again from the Venus cross
KO

KarenO March 3, 2019 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A potato leaf gwr micro that has very good flavour has turned up in Teresa’s set of F2’ s from the gold pearl cross.
Excited about this one, very unique and definitely will go to F3!:D
Similar form to gold pearl miniature but indeterminate or semi determinate. Most micros are determinate but Gold pearl grew and produced from January to frost for me outdoors last season but it didn’t get taller than about 26”in a 2 gallon pot.
KarenO

KarenO March 4, 2019 06:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Venus cross is producing some exciting things as they all finally begin to ripen.
A large gs yellow we have been holding our breath watching and waiting for it to ripen.
Worth waiting for I think!
KarenO

KarenO March 4, 2019 06:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Another pretty and large cocktail size almost ping pong ball size, micro plant around 14”
Sweet finish and the best flavour of my F2 group so far.
Again from my Venus cross.
KarenO

KarenO March 7, 2019 02:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Another, this one quite sweet. Shown in my hand with two smaller grocery store red cherries to show the colour comparison better.
These are dark orange, larger than standard cherries. RL Microdwarf plant around 13”
I like this one, again from the Venus cross.
KarenO

ddsack March 10, 2019 01:12 PM

Karen, you have come up with some really nice looking tomatoes! Nice way to spend your indoor winter hours, too! The striped green and yellow Venus cross is really stunning. :yes:

KarenO March 10, 2019 05:03 PM

Thank you Dee, that is one of the favourites so far in this early selection process.
I would anticipate they will segregate quite a lot again in the F3, there are quite a few nice ones to choose from so that is promising :)
There are also a couple of non micro dwarfs with very interesting phenotypes turning up as well so the project is on its way to the next generation soon.
Karen

KarenO March 14, 2019 12:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Two Larger multi Locule and very good tasting sweet fruit from the Aztek cross.
First photo far right from one of Teresa’s plants, the Yellow from one of mine.
Regular leaf rugose micro plants produced surprisingly large fruit.
Also very interesting is the peachy coloured one labelled Andrina on Teresa’s platter.
It has that unusual colour owing to a clear epidermis which is a rare find from a cross of two yellow epidermis tomatoes. Tastes good too:)
That green cherry from the potato leaf gold pearl cross is ripening more fruit. One of the most productive of the F2’s and one of the best tasting.

KarenO

PlainJane March 14, 2019 09:55 PM

How exciting... they all look great!

KarenO March 14, 2019 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you :)
We are having fun with them and finding some exciting things: these two striped cherries each from a RL micro Venus cross for example. Flavour is very nice as well on these as well, although not as good as the large Azteks orvthe gwr
KarenO

KarenO March 15, 2019 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s a pretty one. This one a cocktail on a small indeterminate ( non micro) F2 plant from the Venus cross dark yellow/ orange striped in paler yellow. Beautiful in person, not sure if the camera captures well.
KarenO