Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2018 MMMM spoiler alert (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47782)

HudsonValley August 23, 2018 08:10 PM

Fermented and almost dry enough to bag: Green Mustang, Livingston's Globe (parent to Marglobe and offspring like Rutgers), Wapsipinicon Peach, Hasting's Mildglobe, and another variety I've forgotten already... Might be Break O'Day.

lexxluthor August 28, 2018 04:53 PM

I am looking for a sponsor for myself for the MMMM tomato exchange?

Thank you,
lexx

HudsonValley August 28, 2018 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=lexxluthor;713077]I am looking for a sponsor for myself for the MMMM tomato exchange?

Thank you,
lexx[/QUOTE]

Hi, Lexx,

I'd be happy to sponsor you!

I've already filled about 200 baggies, so I could probably sponsor someone else, too. I'm not done yet... :)

lexxluthor August 28, 2018 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=HudsonValley;713079]Hi, Lexx,

I'd be happy to sponsor you!

I've already filled about 200 baggies, so I could probably sponsor someone else, too. I'm not done yet... [/QUOTE]

Thank you very much it's greatly appreciated.;)

HudsonValley August 29, 2018 04:38 PM

[QUOTE=lexxluthor;713080]Thank you very much it's greatly appreciated.;)[/QUOTE]

My pleasure! Which part of NY do you call home? (I'm in the mid-Hudson Valley, but grew up on Long Island and lived in Manhattan for 15 or so years.)

264 baggies and counting...

greenthumbomaha September 4, 2018 09:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Baggy filling in progress on this rainy day (week actually) :

Dester (few)
Soldacki (few)

Dikaya Roza (Pictured)
Black Beauty (Pictured)

Huge Yellow Sweet Pepper (must have been from a saved grocery pepper?) (Pictured) (Unbagged)

The largest marconi pepper I have ever grown (filled an 8 inch plate, from a saved farmers market pepper) and another good sized Marconi pepper unknown variety (Unbagged)

Hatch Pepper (a few red marked med-hot saved from grocery)

Malabar Spinach

Fireball and Blonde Sensation Marigold F2's
Lowes Dwarf French Marigold Mix (likely hybrids from a premium multipack, mostly multi-colored, very beautiful, manageable size for a pot, and well worth the TLC on the sale rack)
(Pictured in containers)

lexxluthor September 9, 2018 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=HudsonValley;713187]My pleasure! Which part of NY do you call home? (I'm in the mid-Hudson Valley, but grew up on Long Island and lived in Manhattan for 15 or so years.)

264 baggies and counting...[/QUOTE]

Syracuse NY

HudsonValley September 9, 2018 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=lexxluthor;714223]Syracuse NY[/QUOTE]

Oh, I spent some time in the Syracuse area, years ago. I remember the lake-effect snow...

I can sponsor someone else, too, if needed. Should I put up a list of categories I have seeds for?

eyegrotom September 9, 2018 06:01 PM

Hudson Valley. If you can sponsor me I would really appreciate it, please let me know. Thanks Mike

HudsonValley September 9, 2018 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=eyegrotom;714255]Hudson Valley. If you can sponsor me I would really appreciate it, please let me know. Thanks Mike[/QUOTE]

Sure thing, Mike!

eyegrotom September 9, 2018 10:08 PM

Hi Hudson Valley. Thanks again for the sponsorship. Since I am sort of a new member here at t ville I might need some help from you and others to figure this all out. Yes I read thru the rules but I am still a little confused. Mike

Tormato September 11, 2018 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=eyegrotom;714278]Hi Hudson Valley. Thanks again for the sponsorship. Since I am sort of a new member here at t ville I might need some help from you and others to figure this all out. Yes I read thru the rules but I am still a little confused. Mike[/QUOTE]

A bubble mailer (6 x 9 is the most commonly used by nonhoarders), with return postage, a legible mailing address, and a wish list inside, for starters. Which reminds me to either attempt to go to the nightmare of the USPS website and find the rates, or have one of you participants;) do it for me.

AlittleSalt September 11, 2018 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What is this tomato seed hoarding thing? I have never heard of a such thing...

There's more in the envelopes they were to sent in which has taken over a drawer of their own.:twisted:;)

imp September 11, 2018 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=Tormato;714425]A bubble mailer (6 x 9 is the most commonly used by nonhoarders), with return postage, a legible mailing address, and a wish list inside, for starters. Which reminds me to either attempt to go to the nightmare of the USPS website and find the rates, or have one of you participants;) do it for me.[/QUOTE]

Hoarder? Hoarder?!! I just like to see the USPS get their exercise by lifting those seed boxes!!!! And it is just a shame, a down right shame, to waste space by not filling up the priority box with seeds!!!

Besides, sharks and Tiggers simply cannot be hoarders. <trying to look most angelic>

Nan_PA_6b September 12, 2018 10:51 AM

I do yearly "fall cleaning" by sending in to the MMMM.

Red Monarda (bergamot) seeds won't be sent due to crop failure, but big white hibiscus seeds are coming. As I said before, no Targinnie Red but all the others in post #18 are on schedule.

Nan