Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Carolyn's Book (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=165)

lubadub December 18, 2018 07:46 PM

;) When will we get another book out of Carolyn? It has been a while.

carolyn137 December 18, 2018 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=lubadub;721407];) When will we get another book out of Carolyn? It has been a while.[/QUOTE]

Nice try Marv, but you lose.;)

However I have hundreds of books here at home that I didn't write, just share with me which subject matter and I'd be glad to send you one next year.:twisted:

Carolyn

lubadub December 19, 2018 09:42 AM

Carolyn:

How can I trust you? Remember those seeds or bulbs you were to send me 20 or 25 years ago, I can't recall bulbs or seeds or time frame as it has been so long. Well. I am still waiting for those. My gardening has slowed and so I don't really need seeds. bulbs or books now. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Marv

carolyn137 December 19, 2018 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=lubadub;721455]Carolyn:

How can I trust you? Remember those seeds or bulbs you were to send me 20 or 25 years ago, I can't recall bulbs or seeds or time frame as it has been so long. Well. I am still waiting for those. My gardening has slowed and so I don't really need seeds. bulbs or books now. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Marv[/QUOTE]

You can trust me since we've known each other for several decades,but can I trust you since you never sent me an autographed copy of your book.:roll:

Yes,you wanted tulip bulbs that gave BLACK blossoms, sorry you don't remember that.

Furthermore, I say to Meissner don't even think of helping me if I em you and say.....Marv, my heart is beating too fast,what should I do.

But I don't think I'd do that anyway,I think I might contact, er,um,a younger cardiologist.;)

But I'm not being fair to you since after trying to teach med students for so many years , mainly Pathogenic Microbiology and the immune responses, I can put a finger on my opposite left elbow and up pops the lecture on Bubonic Plague, etc.

One of my meds is Metopropanol Tartrate,preventive, and I'm sure you could do the same with that one... wee little white pills.

And yes, when I wake up at night and feel my heart beating faster than I think it should, well, I just puff on a cigarette and it goes away.;)

And Happy Holidays to you and yours as well.:D

Carolyn

Harry Cabluck December 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Dr. Carolyn, you are an entertainingly funny lady.

MrsJustice August 25, 2020 10:26 PM

I really miss Dr Carolyn, Amen Thinking about her as I was "Seed Saving" the last of Dr Carolyn Yellow Grapes Tomato Seeds today. Working all day clearing Heirloom Seeds in the hot sun in my out door kitchen my hubby made for me. But the hard work paid off as I truly feel like a Proud Female Farmer Tonight. We know Dr. Carolyn is looking down on us from Heaven. I am so thankful for everyone helping me. Spiritual Dancing, Working and Praying on my Farm is the Best Excitement in Life durning these difficult time, Amen.

JRinPA August 26, 2020 01:37 AM

I agree MrsJ, she is missed.

KathyDC August 28, 2020 03:21 PM

She is absolutely missed. The growing season just does not seem right, this year, without her presence here.

hl2601 September 6, 2020 09:53 PM

I agree. Carilyn's humor and her knowledge nd her quirkinesses
were lovable and we cannot duplicate them Would encourage everyone to send in seeds to her tribute

T0mat0stevek September 17, 2020 08:41 PM

Where can I find out about Carolyn's tribute?

hl2601 September 19, 2020 03:48 PM

Hi TomatoSteve- We'd be glad to have you! The thread is under your 2 cents-
here is a link that I hope works
[url]http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50564[/url]
Heide

MrBig46 February 17, 2021 10:16 AM

I will never read anything from Carolyn's book. I just want to ask if there are photos of some pages somewhere or even there is a conversion of some parts into a computer language, such as Word. It would make us very happy in Europe, who loved Carolyn.
Vladimír

KarenO February 17, 2021 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=MrBig46;762074]I will never read anything from Carolyn's book. I just want to ask if there are photos of some pages somewhere or even there is a conversion of some parts into a computer language, such as Word. It would make us very happy in Europe, who loved Carolyn.
Vladimír[/QUOTE]

It is possibly a copyright infringement to post publicly Vlad but pm me on Facebook and I can do that privately for you. I have a copy
KarenO :yes:

jmsieglaff February 17, 2021 11:45 AM

Also Google Book preview has 30 of the 264 pages available to look at, unsure what specifically you're looking for.

[url]https://www.google.com/books/edition/100_Heirloom_Tomatoes_for_the_American_G/y4y_Fz2QLkIC?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover[/url]

MrBig46 February 17, 2021 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;762075]It is possibly a copyright infringement to post publicly Vlad but pm me on Facebook and I can do that privately for you. I have a copy
KarenO :yes:[/QUOTE]

Karen,
if you could send me at least something to my email address, I'd be grateful.

[email]vgross@seznam.cz[/email]

Vladimír