Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Spartanburg SC Garden Gallery 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44644)

Spartanburg123 June 2, 2017 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;644284]Darin can you let me know the DTM for you on Sgt. Peppers when you get ripe fruit please. I may try to grow it for fall planting.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. Do you mean from the seed sowing, or first planting?

BigVanVader June 2, 2017 10:19 AM

From plant out.

Spartanburg123 June 4, 2017 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;644310]From plant out.[/QUOTE]

Will do Vader. Here's an idea- to give you a head start, I could plant a few suckers in small pots to get started for you, and drive out and give them to you later? That way you could hit the ground running :)

Just let me know! This is an amazing plant!

Spartanburg123 June 6, 2017 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Olive Hill, initial fruit setting- 6-6-17

Spartanburg123 June 8, 2017 11:17 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Pictures from this morning, 6-8-17. Neves Azorean Red, first fruit. Faelan's First Snow, first fruit.

KarenO June 8, 2017 12:18 PM

were they all planted at the same time Darin?
Looking great
KarenO

BigVanVader June 8, 2017 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Spartanburg123;644739]Will do Vader. Here's an idea- to give you a head start, I could plant a few suckers in small pots to get started for you, and drive out and give them to you later? That way you could hit the ground running :)

Just let me know! This is an amazing plant![/QUOTE]

Sure, I'd like 3 to 5 if you dont mind. If you want me to clone you anything just lemme know.

Spartanburg123 June 8, 2017 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;645806]were they all planted at the same time Darin?
Looking great
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Hi Karen-

The Neves Azorean Red and the German Johnson (Benton) were planted a few weeks later than everything else. The German Johnson is on the front row, second from right. It has almost caught up to the others! Also notable is the light green color, while all others are dark green. Same nutrients, treatments, etc.

Spartanburg123 June 8, 2017 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;645807]Sure, I'd like 3 to 5 if you dont mind. If you want me to clone you anything just lemme know.[/QUOTE]

OK I have three in a cup of water right now, I'll see if I can grab another. Should I put into pots when I first notice roots?? Never done this!

KarenO June 8, 2017 02:11 PM

put them directly in wet potting mix Darin and keep moist in the shade. they will grow better and faster if rooted in mix vs water.
fill the cup (with drainage holes) with quite wet potting mix, poke a hole with a pencil down into the mix, place the sucker in the hole and water again to settle the mix. let drain and put in the shade. keep moist, out of direct sun and they will root in a week. You will know they are doing well and rooted as soon as they start growing again.
.KarenO

BigVanVader June 8, 2017 02:13 PM

Yeah potting soil works much better. Thanks again!

Spartanburg123 June 8, 2017 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;645821]put them directly in wet potting mix Darin and keep moist in the shade. they will grow better and faster if rooted in mix vs water.
fill the cup (with drainage holes) with quite wet potting mix, poke a hole with a pencil down into the mix, place the sucker in the hole and water again to settle the mix. let drain and put in the shade. keep moist, out of direct sun and they will root in a week. You will know they are doing well and rooted as soon as they start growing again.
.KarenO[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Will do. Thank you

D.

Spartanburg123 June 17, 2017 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First ripe tomatoes for 2017 (not counting Early Girl). Rebel Yell, Lithium Sunset, GGWT. All 75 DTM.

FILMNET June 17, 2017 10:38 PM

WOW I live in North Charleston and i can get plants 3-5 ft and they all died any day. So, it is so hot here in June no for flowers, i get 1-3 fruit or only 5-10 cherry fruits. These are in pots new Black cow, and nice judge in the pots

Spartanburg123 June 18, 2017 01:14 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Garden thriving after returning from a week at the beach. Some examples shown: Dotson's Lebanese Heart (DLH), Not Purple Strawberry, Sgt. Pepper's.....