Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   PNW - 2013 season (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=28845)

Tania July 20, 2013 12:37 AM

17 Attachment(s)
More ripe fruits are coming :)

akgardengirl July 20, 2013 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very juicy pics Tania. I wanted to show you my pic of "Amber-colored" alongside "Amber". The AC started out dwarf looking with rugose leaves where as the Amber was just a regular det. plant. The "Amber" has surpassed the "AC" in production with larger, round tomates compared to the cherry size of the "AC". These are totally two different plants. The "AC" is on the right.
Sue B.

Tania July 20, 2013 01:11 AM

Sue, thank you!

Amber-Colored is a Russian variety 'Yantarnyi'. Somebody translated the name and distributed seeds as Amber-Colored.

My Amber-Colored are also det. dwarf plants with rugose foliage. All fruits are smallish and round, just like the one you show on the right.

The only thing I know about Amber is that is from Poland. I think it was introduced by Double Helix Farms? Perhaps Steve knows more about its origin.

Amber and Amber Colored can be entirely different tomatoes.

Heritage July 20, 2013 01:17 PM

Beautiful, Tania!:) It's amazing you have ripe tomatoes in the PNW this early.

Have you grown 'V Desjatku' ? it looks similar to the 'NOT Fran Zavtrak'

I hope you have a long and very busy season!:D

Steve

jwr6404 July 20, 2013 02:17 PM

Plants look healthy with lots of blossoms and some tomatoes. The Alice's Egypt, Blue Ridge Mountain and Pale Perfect Purple are bearing well. Sungold and Sweet 100 plants are loaded with tomatoes. Other varieties with 2-3 tomatoes are Hmong and Ispolin. I have a surprise plant that grew from the ground that is loaded with flowers. I believe it is probably Jaunne Flamme, given its location, as I had planted one in that area last year. Overall I believe the growth is lagging but hopefully will catch up in the next couple of weeks

clara July 20, 2013 03:50 PM

Wow, Tania, great pics! I'm already wondering what my "Frantsuskij Zavtrak" will look like! clara

PNW_D July 20, 2013 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First ripe ......... Sunsugar F1 ........... at home container garden

Tania July 20, 2013 07:10 PM

Picked more ripe tomatoes today - Piccolo cherry, Belarusian Early (I am 99% sure this is a renamed Orange-1), Skibicki Wczesny, Super Precoce Marmande, Chagbka, Siniy, Mayfair, Triumphant, Moira, SunSugar F1, and more Amber-Colored.

Siniy fruit is over 1 lb, a beauty. I can't wait to sample it!

Pictures to follow soon when I have a chance to load them up.

Tania July 20, 2013 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=Heritage;365072]Beautiful, Tania!:) It's amazing you have ripe tomatoes in the PNW this early.

Have you grown 'V Desjatku' ? it looks similar to the 'NOT Fran Zavtrak'

I hope you have a long and very busy season!:D

Steve[/QUOTE]

Steve, I am very (pleasantly) surprised myself :love: - we were blessed with dry and warm weather. No rain since early June! Hence no diseases so far.

The most amazing thing is to get ripe peppers before getting ripe tomatoes. Most of them are hot, but we got a few sweet peppers too - Tolli's Sweet, Alla Yellow, and Siirskiy Knyaz, but not as many as hot peppers.

No, I have not got 'V Desyatku' tomato. Not yet :)

Tania July 20, 2013 07:20 PM

Clara, I am also very curious about how your Fran. Zavtrak will turn out! Please keep me posted.

Tania July 20, 2013 07:25 PM

Jim, any ripe tomatoes yet? Has the weather been great in your area too?

Tania July 20, 2013 08:21 PM

Steve, I just googled 'V Desyatku' tomato, and it is orange (not red as my Fran. Zawtrak NOT)

[url]http://www.floraint.ru/product/tomat-v-desjatku/[/url]

jwr6404 July 20, 2013 08:39 PM

Tatania
Only ripe tomatoes so far has been the Sungold. I even planted Moskvich and Sophies Choice and no ripe ones yet. The bulk of my plants are large/very large varieties and I expect a later crop. Even my Adapazari Squash seems to be lagging. On the bright side my Apples and Asian Pears are doing extremely well. Win Some-Lose Some,thats my gardening life.

Tania July 21, 2013 12:41 PM

18 Attachment(s)
Some pictures, as promised.

Looks like my seed saving season has begun! :)

kath July 21, 2013 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=Tania;365291]
Looks like my seed saving season has begun! :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess so! They look great, Tania- it's amazing that you have all those varieties already. Hope the rest come through for you, too- you and your family work so hard to make it all happen.

kath