Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Short and sweet 2020 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50184)

Jeannine Anne May 23, 2020 06:03 PM

Karen ,I salute you. As my growing space gets smaller I am looking more and more to dwarf plants, however some are still quite big.You seem to be breeding just waht I like..well done. When your seeds are ready for sale.. you wll be hearing from me..thank you for the work you have done.

I have been off the forum for some time so maybe I should go back and read all the posts rather than just go ga ga over the pictures..I may have missed something good

KarenO May 31, 2020 08:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The smallest of my budding up nicely. About 8-10” here are a few
KarenO

hl2601 May 31, 2020 09:50 PM

Looking great Karen!

Barb_FL May 31, 2020 10:15 PM

Everything looks wonderful; You are such a pro.

I loved the bumblebees on the purple flowers.

In your red Dollar store containers, what it on the top of the mix?

KarenO May 31, 2020 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=Barb_FL;756583]Everything looks wonderful; You are such a pro.

I loved the bumblebees on the purple flowers.

In your red Dollar store containers, what it on the top of the mix?[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Not a pro, just a gardener who loves growing tomatoes :)
That’s just pearlite in the mix. Tends to settle to the top a bit when watering the promix HP since it contains a fair bit.
Karen

KarenO June 4, 2020 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another group, these are F4 striped yellow and striped red cherries. Very bushy little dwarfs. Finer less Rugose foliage. Tried a couple in hanging baskets and I’m happy with How full they look. I put two plants per basket but likely should have kept it to one.
Unnamed as yet._
KarenO

KarenO June 8, 2020 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Again in the F4 gwr and amber saladette micros, the blooms are showing extra petals and sepals with symmetry. Very unusual and all of the blooms on all of the gwr plants are like this. Same on most of the amber selections which are taller.

KarenO June 9, 2020 11:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This group of bushy less Rugose dwarfs look to have potential for baskets
Expecting A red and a yellow striped cherry
KarenO

ddsack June 10, 2020 10:02 AM

Those make really nice basket tomatoes, can't wait to see pictures with ripe fruit! What was your seed starting date for those in the last pics?

KarenO June 10, 2020 04:16 PM

March 23

KarenO June 10, 2020 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=ddsack;756978]Those make really nice basket tomatoes, can't wait to see pictures with ripe fruit! What was your seed starting date for those in the last pics?[/QUOTE]

Seed sown March 23 I believe. Really cool weather or they would be fruiting but now I think But they are nice and bushy and blooming
KarenO

KarenO June 10, 2020 08:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And finally, these dwarfs out in back. Saladette yellow striped red I called fire opal and the yellow on yellow stripe I called Midas touch. Will see what the F4 looks and tastes like of these selections as well.
KarenO

ddsack June 11, 2020 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;756998]Seed sown March 23 I believe. Really cool weather or they would be fruiting but now I think But they are nice and bushy and blooming
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Your plants look really advanced, in my opinion! You'll have oodles of tomatoes soon enough.

Idahowoman June 12, 2020 12:50 PM

Very Nice. Beautiful plants very healthy.

jmsieglaff June 13, 2020 10:59 AM

Great project Karen, if your full sized tomatoes are any indication, I can't wait until you release these! My first microdwarfs are starting to turn today, exciting times!