Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Best red heart (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46539)

KarenO January 28, 2018 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=Koala Doug;680255][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]Way too many of those types in the Tomato community.

But at least when they finally reveal their true character... then at least we all know who isn't to be trusted.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

True colours. The name of my best tomato so far. In “honour” of all those who have shown me theirs.
Good and bad, In and out of the tomato world.

KarenO

Dutch January 28, 2018 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;680266]True colours. The name of my best tomato so far. In “honour” of all those who have shown me theirs.
Good and bad, In and out of the tomato world.

KarenO[/QUOTE]
?
Dutch

KarenO January 28, 2018 08:33 PM

True colours indeed and i have copies of such gentlemanly communications in writing Mr. Snyder. You may wish to edit your comments above.

KarenO

Dutch January 28, 2018 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;680269]True colours indeed and i have copies of such gentlemanly communications in writing Mr. Snyder. You may wish to edit your comments above.

KarenO[/QUOTE]
I stand pat.
Dutch

KarenO January 28, 2018 08:41 PM

Well no surprise there.
As previously stated, I have lots of seeds if anyone wants them and it`s also in Marsha`s current offer. No need to buy them from anybody.
Have a nice day.
KarenO

Dutch January 28, 2018 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;680271]Well no surprise there.
As previously stated, I have lots of seeds if anyone wants them and it`s also in Marsha`s current offer. No need to buy them from anybody.
Have a nice day.
KarenO[/QUOTE]
Thank you.:)
Dutch

Worth1 January 28, 2018 09:02 PM

The difference between a red and pink tomato is only skin deep.:twisted:
Worth

ginger2778 January 28, 2018 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;680197]Marsha, since when did Omar's Lebanese Heart become red, which is what is being asked for in this thread as in red hearts? Many of us know it's pink. And many more everywhere, actually probably worldwide, will soon find out that it's pink as well.

[url]http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Dotson%E2%80%99s_Lebanese_Heart[/url]

Carolyn[/QUOTE]

Gee Carolyn, I just love the way you phrase things in the kindest and most gentle way, never accusatory or condescending. Thank you for being so nice, and in such a public way.

charline January 29, 2018 09:39 AM

Thanks everybody for your answers and suggestions.
I think I am going with Wes for sure. I have to look up what else I have that you mentioned. I am sure I have some of them.

I have grown lots of pinks and most of them are very good. Not true for the reds... most of them were bland and if not bland, then acid. I love sweet ones and good balanced ones.

The only red I love, but not a heart, is Mat-Su Express. :yes:

SueCT January 29, 2018 10:51 AM

I did really like German Red Strawberry, Danko, Fish Lake Oxheart and Linnies Oxheart. However, I am not sure I would describe any of those as acidic.

Cole_Robbie January 29, 2018 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=charline;680333]
The only red I love, but not a heart, is Mat-Su Express. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is quite the endorsement.

velikipop January 29, 2018 11:16 AM

I second Linnie's Oxheart, Mazarini and Wes. I am curious about Omar's. Did anyone ever consider the possibility that a stray seed had been packaged in an Omar's Lebanese package? I have had this happen to me several times from reputable seed vendors and never thought that the seed was a mutation.

Alex

carolyn137 January 29, 2018 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;680282]Gee Carolyn, I just love the way you phrase things in the kindest and most gentle way, never accusatory or condescending. Thank you for being so nice, and in such a public way.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome Marsha.

Carolyn

carolyn137 January 29, 2018 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;680222]Like I said, the tomato was already released, last year, as Dotson’s Lebanese heart according to the wishes of its discoverer. I do hope everyone enjoys it who grows it.
I still have a few seeds left if you would like to try it.
As to the rest, I’m sure a person may use whatever title or credential they wish that they have earned.

Back to RED heart tomatoes

KarenO[/QUOTE]

Karen, if above you are asking me if I want to grow Dotson's Lebanese Heart,the answer is no, but I have grow it as Omar's Lebanese Heart,yes.

Without Omar giving me the seeds for what we jointly named Omar's Lebanese, I would have hoped that his name would have been given recognition for that in terms of many of us trying to preserve original names regardless of a fruit form..

Right now I have a separate group e-mail going with quite a few folks from Lebanon, some were ided from here here at TV, some referred by those already in that group from elsewhere and it's wonderful to be able to be back in touch with Omar himself after so many years once again and I never thought it would happen.

Omar himself has been a goldmine of information about the origin of Omar's Lebanese, and other tomato varieties said to have been grown in Lebanon some go back to visit family every few years,so are also very helpful as well in adding to the narrative.

Carolyn

gssgarden January 30, 2018 07:39 AM

Sarcasm??