Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2018 Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47846)

imp September 10, 2018 01:57 PM

Salt, have you contacted the people you were going to sponsor or are you still sponsoring them? If you aren't going to sponsor them, maybe other sponsors can be found.

AlittleSalt September 10, 2018 02:15 PM

I won't know until I get a reply PM.

My first year, 4 people sponsored me, so yes, everyone get more sponsors. I'm sure Tormato would like seeing even more seeds :)

Tormato September 11, 2018 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;714331]I won't know until I get a reply PM.

My first year, 4 people sponsored me, so yes, everyone get more sponsors. I'm sure Tormato would like seeing even more seeds :)[/QUOTE]

Sending anything in is fine.

And, what I would like seeing is PACKS of tomato seeds, not the seeds themselves. It's been quite the year here, where most tomatoes were large, plentiful, seedy, cracked, and fairly tasteless.

My best estimate is ~250,000 saved seeds.:?:
So, I guess that makes me a sponsor.:roll:

AlittleSalt September 11, 2018 02:27 PM

Tormato, you have [B]a lot[/B] of varieties of seed packs coming from me :)

imp September 11, 2018 03:59 PM

Ohhh, Tormato, you just give me the shivers and make me giggle!

MrBig46 September 13, 2018 03:34 AM

[QUOTE=RJGlew;714099]Hi Vladimir,

I have Volgogradskiy 323 from Tatiana and am happy to send you what I have. My quick notes based on growing 3 plants this summer are "2018 - Terribly slow grower. Do not grow again." I'll send you all I have so you can choose the best plant. It has big fruit and hence is definately not early.

I no longer have seeds for these - I gave them away a few years ago - but here are my notes:
Sub Artic Plenty - not early, poor taste.
Siberian - early due to small fruit, very poor taste, almost bitter.
Siletz - not early, taste is good
Manitoba - ok, but nothing special, weak taste
Oregon Spring - not early, taste is good

rg

Here are a bunch of early determinates you may want to consider which I have seeds for. The earliest of the bunch is Independence Day from Livingstone Seeds, which is similar to Glacier.[/QUOTE]

Robert, thank you for the critical evaluation of the tomatoes I chose. You helped me a lot. I have to reassess my choice. I'm probably going to want the Mostly Mystery Silver Fir Tree only.
If you can send me the seeds of some of the varieties you mention so I would love to. I looked at Tatiana's TOMASTObase, and I think they would be best for me in my cold bed Sasha Altai, Belyi Naliv, Klusha, Krainiy Sever or Independence Livingstone.
Vladimír

RJGlew September 14, 2018 07:57 PM

Hi Vladimir. I will get them in the mail this weekend.

rg

MrBig46 September 16, 2018 03:22 AM

Robert,
thank you.
Vladimír

MissS September 20, 2018 09:37 PM

It's time! It's time to get things rolling. The swap is on. Let's get things rolling. Newbies are WELCOME the Water Is Warm. Come on In. But are you a shark? They are more that Welcome Too. Challenges are fun.

Nan_PA_6b September 21, 2018 09:48 AM

I've made over 1,100 packets so far. And counting...

Nan

roper2008 September 25, 2018 09:07 AM

Where are the rules to this swap?

Nan_PA_6b September 25, 2018 09:10 PM

Here's a link to the rules links.
[B][url]http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost.php?p=584468&postcount=170[/url][/B]

AlittleSalt September 26, 2018 01:36 AM

Nan, Thank You.

I don't know Tormato/Gary. A person that wants to give to others - that alone is respectable. Tormato also is giving us a chance to share tomato/beans/etc. Tormato is giving us a chance to be ourselves. That is special. Thank you Gary.

Nan_PA_6b September 26, 2018 12:21 PM

The amount of work Tormato does for the swap is astounding. He's great.

greenthumbomaha September 30, 2018 04:40 PM

I have a few handfuls of garlic bulbils that I will be sending in. Since these may be late to arrive for planting this year, I am wondering the extent of interest so I will be able to gauge the dividing and packaging.

PM or post to the thread, your choice. I would like to mail shortly, just one "mystery" is still drying.

- Lisa