Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Two new KARMA’s and Tundra (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49976)

KarenO August 23, 2020 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=clkeiper;759246]I got my first tundra yesterday... its lovely. Cutting it this afternoon... BLTS for dinner... [ATTACH]92397[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

That’s a beauty.
KarenO

Salsacharley August 23, 2020 01:45 PM

I'm wondering about KARMA Apricot and thin skin. I have 2 KARMA Apricot plants and they both are producing very thick skinned fruits. They are tasty but not at all like the other KARMA varieties as to texture and structure. I'll get some pics later.

[QUOTE=KarenO;759255]Yes Miracle has thin skin like all the KARMA tomatoes. I recommend pick at blush and finish indoors if rain or humidity or wet-dry-wet watering style. Those are split from water or rain as opposed to A genetic propensity for cracking.
I think they are worth growing but don’t let them hang ripe because they will definitely split if get suddenly wet.
KarenO[/QUOTE]

clkeiper August 23, 2020 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;759255]Yes Miracle has thin skin like all the KARMA tomatoes. I recommend pick at blush and finish indoors if rain or humidity or wet-dry-wet watering style. Those are split from water or rain as opposed to A genetic propensity for cracking.
I think they are worth growing but don’t let them hang ripe because they will definitely split if get suddenly wet.
KarenO[/QUOTE]

nope. not a drop of rain here for weeks nor have I watered them. I do have a KARMA apricot next to it and none of them split until this morning when we had a smidgen of rain overnight. They are tasty and beautiful by the way.

dorota August 23, 2020 02:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I picked my KARMA Miracle and Apricot and Tundra last Monday, before very heavy rains.

We had the coldest May from 30 years, and our summer was cold and rainy. But they grow healthy, any problems with flowering and setting fruits. They look and taste outstanding.:)

KARMA Apricot,KARMA Miracle, Tundra

Salsacharley August 23, 2020 03:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's what my KARMA Apricot looks like (left) and KARMA Miracle (right). I had significant splitting on Miracle until I harvested sooner.

Americangrams August 23, 2020 07:18 PM

KarenO[/QUOTE]
My Miracles are splitting far less than some other cherries. We have had cool weather, Brutal heat and humidity, followed by deluges of rain. Since June. Humidity here will crack them as fast as rain will. I pick at the blush stage to prevent it.

clkeiper August 23, 2020 07:24 PM

The BLT made with the Tundra tomato was superb. Excellent tomato.

Andrey_BY March 1, 2021 12:00 AM

Great. If you need some varieties with a certain features from my part of the world for your experiments, just let me know. It is even not late to send you something for this growing season)

Andrey_BY March 1, 2021 12:01 AM

Great colors)