Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   A new season, a new home, a new garden full of my new tomatoes. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51632)

deltoro June 4, 2023 05:38 PM

What a space :D

Yak54 June 5, 2023 12:38 PM

No doubt more good new varieties will be coming our way from KarenO !!!

Dan

rxkeith June 5, 2023 10:26 PM

wow karen.
you are going to have some fun.

keith

KarenO June 5, 2023 11:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
From the short and sweet project, some interesting little dwarfs setting fruit already. I really like that translucent skin grape. Should be GWR and it’s a micro
KarenO

Jonnyhat June 11, 2023 01:35 PM

Awesome Karen, the wife and I just made a 3000 mile move from the east coast to the west coast in the souther tip of Oregon 10 miles from California. 26 cubic yards of soil later and our beds are staring to come together. Greenhouse will come next year god willing. Good luck.

KarenO June 12, 2023 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A week from the big tomato migration

Whwoz June 13, 2023 04:01 AM

Impressive , I dare say that you are looking forward to getting the move completed.

KarenO June 13, 2023 03:03 PM

You are sure right about that :)
It’s been a stressful spring

dorota June 16, 2023 11:18 AM

Karen, have a wonderful season in your new garden.

I am waiting for the next season to see your ideas for this place. :)

KarenO June 24, 2023 07:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We and the potted tomatoes are getting settled in

Should have some ripe fruit soon.

Whwoz June 25, 2023 05:19 AM

Looks like the plants have coped with the move beautifully Karen

ddsack June 25, 2023 01:03 PM

My back cries out at the thought of moving all those big pots! :shock::shock: I hope you had some enthusiastic helpers! Looking very healthy and lush. :cute:

MrBig46 June 25, 2023 04:09 PM

Karen, did you go into farming? You don't work in the hospital anymore?
Vladimír

paradajky June 25, 2023 04:22 PM

Wow.. that's a whole lot of tomatoes to move :shock:

KarenO June 25, 2023 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=MrBig46;770877]Karen, did you go into farming? You don't work in the hospital anymore?
Vladimír[/QUOTE]

I grow a lot of plants at home usually. We moved this spring which necessitated a different approach this year in order not to lose the year with my breeding lines. so I planted some of my dwarf lines in pots to bring along.
I breed tomatoes seriously these days Vlad. I have a collaborative relationship with a non profit farm that is growing some of my unstable and stable heart, paste and beefsteak lines and I’m hoping to expand that next year to two other farms locally provided this turns out to be successful.
Fred Hempel/Artisan Seeds grows some of my varieties for seeds and also trials some of them in both Mexico and California which is excellent as well. A number of other small seed companies are carrying some of my varieties now and a couple of large companies are looking at a few which is pretty exciting for me.
Along with this, I am still a practicing nurse. My nursing career Pays the bills better than tomatoes but tomatoes are way more fun. :yes:
KarenO