Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   finally..... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29376)

efisakov August 2, 2013 04:26 PM

Now, that sounds like a TVillian report.:yes::lol:
Thank you, awesome varieties.

lakelady August 2, 2013 07:56 PM

Woo Hoo! Ripe ones! Isn't it great?

Although, I am having groundhog problems myself. Lost ALL of my kale and I planted a lot. Most of my beans and even some tomato plants . Caught one, and now there is another. Must be a family nearby. A little while ago as I was sitting here I literally saw one sitting up eating my cucumber leaves. Little fat creep. They stop at nothing. I have lots of partially eaten tomatoes including my first Purple Calabash! How upsetting to find a little colored tomato only to reach for it and get goo on your hands because the other half is eaten.

Glad to see your garden is finally producing!

nnjjohn August 3, 2013 02:45 PM

todays pickins

1 Attachment(s)
Hello ANTOINETTE, .. Happy you are doing well even with the pests.. I was away four days and home today did some picking in my front garden..only had one casualty (small) mato throwaway..not sure what these pink matures ones are.. perhaps LAst years seedlings I transplanted but have no idea what tomato they might be. They have a dull pink color ..just one plant.. the rest have regular ripe color cheers

remy August 3, 2013 08:53 PM

TightenUp,
Excellent color mix of tomatoes!
Remy

nnjjohn August 6, 2013 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=pinklady5;366632]Finally, I enjoyed my first BLT for lunch today with my first ripe pink, Marianna's Peace. Oh how it was soooo good!!!! MP is a favorite of mine though I only get a couple of fruit each year. It was so juicy and sweet! A little bit of bacon, boston lettuce and a lot of mayo and tomato.[/QUOTE]
will you fix me my lunch box:).. is that deli rye? perfect wonderful blt pinklady!;) I'm going to make them in the morning for brunch!:twisted:

pinklady5 August 7, 2013 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=nnjjohn;369380]will you fix me my lunch box:).. is that deli rye? perfect wonderful blt pinklady!;) I'm going to make them in the morning for brunch!:twisted:[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is deli rye! :love: I haven't had another Marianna's Peace since then because that plant has suffered so badly from all the rain. Dreaming in hopes that another one will ripen before it's too late but that's ok, I have Earl's Faux on the counter waiting for me!

nnjjohn August 9, 2013 10:08 PM

I been eating my ripened ones and so has everybody else here.. I had about eight ripe ones on the kitchen counter and i ate the last one in a salad lol.. I also picked about six more semi ripened because I 'm seeing bird holes in a few but only when they are ripening on the plant. Some of the green ones are huge. Last few days the plants are looking stressed and tired .. some full of fruit look like they are dieing already. funny.. as I submitted this post.. i was reading a dove dark chocolate foil wrap ..it says "Take time to notice the color of the leaves changing".. hmmm.. I guess I will!

pinklady5 August 10, 2013 07:20 AM

I have a ton of green ones and I'm sure I'll loose my plants to disease before they ripen. I have 13 large slicer types plants and I've only picked a total of only 20 fruit.

nnjjohn August 10, 2013 07:28 AM

thinking of trying the bleach spray solution

4 Attachment(s)
I am thinking of trying to combat whatever is overtaking my plants with bleach solution. . I too have decent amount to harvest but want to try going it into late September. But from the looks of recent days..I'm not sure

efisakov August 10, 2013 08:31 AM

I think we should start a new thread and not hijack this thread. If all agree we going to call it "End of the season or not?"

Tania August 10, 2013 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=nnjjohn;370158]I am thinking of trying to combat whatever is overtaking my plants with bleach solution. . I too have decent amount to harvest but want to try going it into late September. But from the looks of recent days..I'm not sure[/QUOTE]

The plants don't look too bad - I've seen mine much worse, and they kept going. Some yellow leaved and dried up leaves at the bottom are normal at this stage of growth. I see some minor spots on leaves, but it will not kill your tomato plants. I hope you will continue to get fruits for another couple of months! :)

Tatiana

Ken4230 August 10, 2013 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=nnjjohn;370158]I am thinking of trying to combat whatever is overtaking my plants with bleach solution. . I too have decent amount to harvest but want to try going it into late September. But from the looks of recent days..I'm not sure[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Tania on this, mine always lose leaves at the bottom. At the end of the season, i will have almost no leaves below 2'. this year, i have a few that already have no leaves below 3-1/2'.
By the end of the year, they may not have any leaves below 5'. I am an aggressive leaf puller, any hint of disease and they are gone. All in all, they look like trees and are still pumping out tomatoes.

This is the second year in a row that i have had an exceptional harvest of tomatoes. This year was 5 weeks late but was gang-busters when it started in early July. The first flush is just now winding down.
I used a 2-15-15 "bloom booster" 2 weeks ago to combat some purple edged leaves. It worked like a charm; the purple is gone. As a bonus, blooms are everywhere, suckers are growing from the bottom and i already have baby tomatoes.:yes:

If you do the bleach, give us your opinion of how it works. Hope it works for you.

Ken