Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   KarenO's 2018 Tomato Garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47082)

MickyT March 22, 2018 02:47 PM

Very impressive list Karen! Can I ask what size your greenhouse is and is it heated?

KarenO March 22, 2018 02:49 PM

Small backyard greenhouse used mainly for seedlings. Yes heated as needed
KarenO

Canehdian March 23, 2018 12:53 AM

Meanwhile, back in Alberta (snow). Wow, super list, all the crosses - so intriguing. Please keep posting. I have only grown Violet Noir (winner) and Altai Orange, which was exceptional.

Lindalana March 24, 2018 01:13 PM

Agree on Altai Orange it was great one for me as well. Will be following thread and waiting for updates.
Besides crosses which of course are uber exciting to hear about, would like to hear how Tsarsky Podarok does for you- was so so for me in production.
Love Tsar Kolokol and Russian Queen.
Sirenevoye ozero is the same name as Lavender Lake, I wonder if this will be same tomato?

KarenO March 24, 2018 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Lindalana;691156]Agree on Altai Orange it was great one for me as well. Will be following thread and waiting for updates.
Besides crosses which of course are uber exciting to hear about, would like to hear how Tsarsky Podarok does for you- was so so for me in production.
Love Tsar Kolokol and Russian Queen.
Sirenevoye ozero is the same name as Lavender Lake, I wonder if this will be same tomato?[/QUOTE]

It’s the same tomato. The original (correct) name. Lavender lake is a translation. I think best wherever possible to use the original name. Preserves the heritage and helps avoid errors and duplication I think.
Looking forward to trying it, it’s a new one for me that I really wanted.
KarenO

KarenO April 2, 2018 12:17 AM

Everything’s up and doing well, getting first set of leaves.
Only one no show Inima Dorenei 0/6 seeds so scratch that one.
KarenO

KarenO April 2, 2018 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some of the little fellas

KarenO April 2, 2018 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Destined to be the first of the year, Andrina a little yellow micro

Lotte April 2, 2018 04:49 AM

Nice list, I think we only grow one the same.

AKmark April 2, 2018 12:08 PM

You're going to be busy this summer. Nice collection.

AlittleSalt April 2, 2018 12:20 PM

Karen, they look wonderful :)

KarenO April 2, 2018 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Lotte;692908]Nice list, I think we only grow one the same.[/QUOTE]

All the better for trading :)
Which one did you plant the same?
KarenO

hl2601 April 2, 2018 10:15 PM

Karen- just wondering if your Karma Purple and Karma Apricot plants are as big and robust growing as Karma Pink? My Karma Pinks are dominators as seedlings!

KarenO April 2, 2018 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=hl2601;693080]Karen- just wondering if your Karma Purple and Karma Apricot plants are as big and robust growing as Karma Pink? My Karma Pinks are dominators as seedlings![/QUOTE]

Apricot has been a bit smaller but they are all big plants. Really large potato leaves and they grow fast. We have been getting ripe fruit about 62 days give or take.
Would love to see pics, I hope you enjoy them!
KarenO

Lotte April 3, 2018 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=KarenO;692968]All the better for trading :)
Which one did you plant the same?
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Aurantiacum we both grow.Yes I'm up for a trading when the season is over.