Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Spartanburg SC Garden Gallery 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44644)

Spartanburg123 May 18, 2017 09:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Garden is really taking off now! Turbo DLH is still leading the pack in size and flowering, while Terhune and Lithium Sunset are the stars of fruit set.

Fruit shown are Lithium Sunset (boat shaped) and Not Purple Strawberry (NPS).

percho May 23, 2017 12:18 AM

I just got back from Spartanburg. Wish I had remembered you from last year and contacted you and came and looked at your garden.

This is first time I have been on the forum in some time.

KarenO May 23, 2017 01:22 AM

wow looking very healthy and green!
KarenO

Spartanburg123 May 23, 2017 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=percho;641566]I just got back from Spartanburg. Wish I had remembered you from last year and contacted you and came and looked at your garden.

This is first time I have been on the forum in some time.[/QUOTE]

Percho- welcome back! And yes, the next time you're in Spartanburg, please do stop in and say hello. I would LOVE to show someone my garden :)

Darin

Spartanburg123 May 23, 2017 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;641576]wow looking very healthy and green!
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Thank you my friend!! Best year so far I've had!

BigVanVader May 24, 2017 07:39 AM

Everything is looking great! Lets hope all this rain doesn't cause issues.

Spartanburg123 May 24, 2017 10:57 AM

Vader- exactly! I've got my Daconil and Neem at the ready. I have so many active blossoms that all I really need now is a sunny and windy day. I have had almost no pollinators this year! Haven't seen a bumble or anything yet!

BigVanVader May 24, 2017 11:36 AM

Same here. It is very concerning...it's like they are all just gone. I planted a pollinator garden this year and still only see Tiny sweat bee type insects. Last year bumblebees were everywhere.

Spartanburg123 May 25, 2017 09:48 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Picture updates from 5-5-17.

DLH is now at the top of my 8 foot stake.:twisted:

Spartanburg123 May 30, 2017 07:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the jungle 5-30-17. You can hardly see my wife in the patch LOL. Brutus is finally setting fruit, along with the ultra-reliable GGWT!!

BigVanVader May 30, 2017 07:56 PM

Gorgeous garden dude! Seems us Carolina boys know how to grow some maters. Btw I meant to mention the electric toothbrush trick for pollinating, if you aren't already doing it, it does help. I can't wait to see how big your tomato tree gets :lol:

Spartanburg123 May 30, 2017 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=BigVanVader;643758]Gorgeous garden dude! Seems us Carolina boys know how to grow some maters. Btw I meant to mention the electric toothbrush trick for pollinating, if you aren't already doing it, it does help. I can't wait to see how big your tomato tree gets :lol:[/QUOTE]

Vader- I'm buzzing away just about every day, with neighbors peering between the blinds in awestruck confusion! :):surprised:

BigVanVader May 30, 2017 08:00 PM

Lol same here :twisted:

Spartanburg123 June 2, 2017 07:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Pics from 6-1-17. Sgt. Pepper's is a great plant and a great tomato visually! The fruit at the top of the plant, which are exposed to direct sunlight, show the blue anthocyanin in the shoulders. Those fruit at the bottom of the plant, which are shaded, have lost the blue coloring. Finally, my wife playing around in the tomato patch, dwarfed by the monster DLH. LOL

BigVanVader June 2, 2017 07:39 AM

Darin can you let me know the DTM for you on Sgt. Peppers when you get ripe fruit please. I may try to grow it for fall planting.