Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Sungreen, Sunchocola, Sunlemon, Sunpeach (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=25794)

tarolli October 18, 2016 06:44 AM

I am considering these. Anyone have final reviews of them.

zeroma October 18, 2016 12:30 PM

following this as that is the kind of tomato that I'd love to have for salads: one bit wonders in beautiful colors and shapes!!!!

z

Cole_Robbie October 18, 2016 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=tarolli;596577]I am considering these. Anyone have final reviews of them.[/QUOTE]

I grew them all last year. SunGreen caught some disease and died; I didn't care for it, anyway, wasn't sweet at all. Production was very high off the others. SunLemon was the most mediocre in flavor. SunPeach and SunChocola were the best-tasting, not amazing but fairly good. None of them were nearly as sweet as Sungold. Sunchocola showed a lot of stink bug damage. Overall, yield was excellent, but if you're looking for extreme sweetness like Sungold, I didn't see it.

I'm going to try Estertina F1 from Johnny's as my hybrid yellow cherry next year. Green Doctor's Frosted is a great gwr cherry if you like them sweet. Ambrosia Red is the sweetest red cherry I have had so far. Purple Bumblebee and the other Artisan cherries are all great as well.

tarolli October 18, 2016 07:15 PM

Thank you so much. I grow the great Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, snow white, and black cherry. I also stock-piled seed of the wonderful Sweet Baby Girl, which has been discontinued because it takes 30 days to germinate and seed buyers get mad. I thought a little more variety would help my baskets. You have saved me disappointment. Thank you!

RJGlew October 19, 2016 02:38 AM

[QUOTE=tarolli;596641]Thank you so much. I grow the great Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, snow white, and black cherry. I also stock-piled seed of the wonderful Sweet Baby Girl, which has been discontinued because it takes 30 days to germinate and seed buyers get mad. I thought a little more variety would help my baskets. You have saved me disappointment. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Sweet Baby Girl F1 (Park Seed) germ:
2013 - 5 days
2014 - 4 days
2015 - 4 days
2016 - replaced by Nectar F1

TightenUp October 19, 2016 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=tarolli;596641]Thank you so much. I grow the great Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, snow white, and black cherry. I also stock-piled seed of the wonderful Sweet Baby Girl, which has been discontinued because it takes 30 days to germinate and seed buyers get mad. I thought a little more variety would help my baskets. You have saved me disappointment. Thank you![/QUOTE]

I thought sunchocola blew away black cherry and chocolate cherry. I grew them all side by side in the same growing season.

on the other hand sun peach did not blow me away with flavor

Sun gold is always a fav