Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Pervaya Lyubov is here!!! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=14912)

Timbotide November 5, 2010 11:11 PM

That is one nice looking Tomato. Let us know how it tastes.

eddie46 November 6, 2010 01:36 AM

Hi,

Cannot find Pervaya Lyubov seeds. Can anyone recomend a source.

Thanks,

Ed

mdvpc November 6, 2010 07:52 AM

Timbo:

First fruit, was not quite ripe, but very, very good!

Ed, I just sent you a pm.

carolyn137 November 6, 2010 02:29 PM

[quote=eddie46;188347]Hi,

Cannot find Pervaya Lyubov seeds. Can anyone recomend a source.

Thanks,

Ed[/quote]

Ed, I just saw that you were offered seeds, I assume, but I was going to tell you that I've offered Pervaya Lyubov in my free seed offer here for the past two years and will do so again for the next offer.

You can also got to the SEED Wanted Forum here at Tville and can ask if anyone has seeds and you can also go to Tania's T base site:

[URL]http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Main_Page[/URL]

And check out over 3000 varieties as to traits and see pictures for the varieties and also see seed sources, where available, for specific varieties.

I just looked and Tania doesn't list Pervaya Lyubov, so I guess I should send her some seeds for it, not that she doesn't probably already have hundreds of ones she hasn't yet grown out.;)

clara November 6, 2010 04:23 PM

I'm absolutely sure that everybody who is growing PV will like it! It's really a tomato worth to be re-grown every year! Once more: Thank you Andrey and Carolyn!

BTW: Where are you, Duh Vinci? I'm missing your posts and your wonderful pics! I hope everything is alright? clara

KLorentz November 10, 2010 03:46 PM

That is one nice mater there. I guess I will have to try this one too.:)

Kevin

mdvpc November 10, 2010 10:26 PM

I sent Tania seed recently for her to try.

carolyn137 November 11, 2010 08:52 AM

[quote=mdvpc;188815]I sent Tania seed recently for her to try.[/quote]

Then I don't have to send her seeds for it as I posted above. She always participates in my seed offer here but I guess I've just been tardy in sending her seeds for other varieties that I think she should have and describe.

I just got through inventorying my seeds , new and already listed, for possible 2011 SSE listing and of all my new ones there are only four that I have enough seed to do that; that's terrible but at least I have seed from most of the new ones for regrow next year.

mdvpc November 11, 2010 09:24 AM

I am waiting to hear that Tania received the seed. I also sent her Al-Khuffa.

eddie46 November 13, 2010 10:48 AM

Thanks MD,

Received seeds.

Ed

mdvpc November 13, 2010 11:40 AM

Good for USPS! Glad you got them.

mdvpc March 27, 2011 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a Pervaya Lyubov I just picked from the greenhouse, 3/27/11. 11 5/8 oz.

maf March 27, 2011 08:34 PM

Nice fruit Michael, hope it tasted as good as it looks!

Anyone have any info on the plant habit, determinate/indeterminate, short/tall? (Not listed at Tatiana's and seems hard to find the info on google.) I'm growing it for the first time this year and don't want to make any assumptions, but.....if I had to, I would assume it was a normal indeterminate.

Duh_Vinci March 27, 2011 09:10 PM

Nice, Michael! Actually mouth watering, really!

Maf - indeterminate PL, very early in Virginia for us. Average size plant, last year was at 8' or so. Definitely caging if in the ground. I'm sure you'll like it!

Regards,
D

mdvpc March 27, 2011 10:13 PM

D: I figured that would get your attention. Its sitting on my counter, going to have it with my wife tomorrow with dinner. Thanks again for your kindness sharing seed with me!

Maf:

D's description is right on. Its an excellent variety, tastes really good.