Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Fred Hempel (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51721)

biscuitridge November 5, 2023 09:59 AM

So shocking! He was younger than I am, he will truly be missed by many,prayers for the family! Does anyone know what caused his early passing?

hl2601 November 5, 2023 01:51 PM

Saddened and struck by how fragile life really is. Fred's innovation and persistence was inspirational. Fred, you are very missed! I hope those in Fred's family can feel some comfort knowing he was a cherished member of the tomato world and that he is grieved world wide.

charline November 5, 2023 04:12 PM

Fred Hempel was a Legend in the tomato Breeder Community.
We all are very sad and we will miss him and I think many of us will grow his varieties next Season to honor him

MrsJustice November 5, 2023 07:13 PM

I will miss him too, Amen!! He is in Heaven with Dr Carolyn. The Angels needed another breeder who protects life, the way Fred did with People, Tomatoes, and Wild Life.

I can speak better than I write.

I can Sing and Dance Better than I can Type.

I will be proud to Sing and speak at his Special Occasion to celebrate his life, Amen!!

seaeagle November 6, 2023 01:39 PM

Sad news. I will miss his posts on this site :(

Blk_Vegan November 6, 2023 02:17 PM

My favorite of his introductions is still Blush. My condolences to his family. A true tomato artist.

clara November 6, 2023 05:04 PM

I was so shocked when a good friend told me those sad news. Some of his breedings are my absolute favorites and have returned into my garden since I have grown them for the first time.

Fred Hempel has become immortal in the tomato-world!

My condolences to his family!

Fusion_power November 7, 2023 01:45 AM

I have 5 packs of seed of unreleased varieties he sent me a couple of years ago.

Greatgardens November 7, 2023 02:29 PM

I'm stunned. So young...

MrsJustice November 8, 2023 12:41 PM

I found this website with many pictures of "Fred Hemple Hands" holding his Beautiful Creations.

I Pray that is Hands in Heaven Hold us as well here on Earth, Amen!!
Especially me, Farmer Joyce Beggs.
[url]https://www.instagram.com/artisan.seeds/[/url]

ClarkB November 8, 2023 09:41 PM

While I never had the honor of meeting Fred in person, through T'ville I came to feel like I knew him. He leaves to the world quite a legacy of unique varieties, many of which I've grown and enjoyed and several of which are waiting in my seed stash for their turn in the garden. Thanks, Fred for all your contributions. You will be missed.

MrsJustice November 9, 2023 12:42 PM

I am so proud of "Everyone Returning and Committing on The Great Late Fred Hempel. Showing his Family and Loved Ones; that we truly care for each other here at Tomatoville, Amen!! We the Great Farmers of the United States work really hard as we are born with the Spirit for the Love of Mather Nature farming her greatland. Even I was born in New Jersey with the Spirit of my great-grandfather who Loved to farm in this First Black City in America here in Virginia. that is lost to the Nation. This love of farming is from God giving us the ability to Love Nature.

I truly believe that COVID-19 hurt the Farming Industry, especially Breeders and Seed Companies like mine. But we love Nature so much, that we do the job of 4 people to get the work done, Amen!!

I pray that young people will take Fred Place to save his company [url]https://store.growartisan.com/[/url]

Yak54 November 10, 2023 05:11 PM

Very sorry to hear about Fred leaving us. He was a great guy and I admired and respected his achievements in our tomato world. I will miss him ! My condolences to his family.

MrsJustice November 20, 2023 06:14 PM

I Pray that Fred Hempel's Family and Loved ones Here at Tomatoville have a "Great Thanksgiving. He was able to Fulfill his Life by Farming and Creating Life in his Creations Like Anneliese and so many here. I feel he is in Heaven with many Great People "Like First Lady Rosalynn Carter, Dr. Carolyn, and a Great Senator who helped me and my kids with a Bill we got throw Congress when I was a young girl and the Nuns in New Jersey.
Thinking about Fred Hempel and The Late Dr, Carolyn this weekend, gave me the strength to keep studying the Law and helping my Family, and my Historical Farm as I end this Farming Season Amen!!. Also, there was so much Love among people out shopping today.

May Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving; with Hearts of Forgiveness and Pure Love for all People, Amen!!

Farmer, Joyce Beggs

KarenO November 24, 2023 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Friends can PM for a link to the invitation from Fred’s family to attend the memorial virtually
Karen Olivier