Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Why Atomic Grow Sucks! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=11663)

Salty_Dog October 13, 2009 11:57 PM

Another Pest gone.... i see they are not always on your plants either ;)
I am very new here, so probably shouldn't comment, but that was one of the worst Infomercials i had seen.

"Farmers want to keep it a secret" OMG, it takes all sorts doesn't it.
Took me 10minutes to clean my laptop screen after reading that line!

mjc October 14, 2009 12:12 AM

:rofl:

Can't say you didn't warn 'im...

Wi-sunflower October 14, 2009 06:53 AM

Thanks Mischka.

It's people like him that give vendors of useful alt products a dificult time getting their products noticed.

Hubby used to be TOTALLY a chemical guy. He got a degree in agronomy from Purdue in the 60s during the era of "big ag/ big chem". But the last few years he has finally been coming around to using less chems and planting cover crops and other alt practices. One of his favorite things right now is to sidedress crops with a handfull of composted dried chicken stuff. The brand is Chickity-doo-doo and we pick it up by the pallet now.

Anyway, thanks for getting rid of the jerk. And for changing the title. I agree that from what we found out even before he posted, that title make a lot of sense.

Carol

Barbee October 14, 2009 07:17 AM

I did a little surfing on soybeans + atomic grow to see what kind of studies I could find. We've never heard of it or seen mention of it in any of our farm mags.
I never found one study that recommended it. After each article in the comment section though, there was a mysterious response touting how great it was. :eek:

mjc October 14, 2009 08:32 AM

Sounds like the comments about it would make as good as or better fertilizer than the product itself...

barkeater October 14, 2009 09:10 PM

Atomic Grow? Is that how we got the "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman"? LOL

Then again....;-)

mjc October 14, 2009 10:26 PM

I thought it was the giant spiders...

sfmathews October 20, 2009 05:13 PM

I think that's what my 6'4" 14 year old has been drinking on the side..:P

tomatoaddict October 20, 2009 06:57 PM

[QUOTE]
The only technology I need right now is at my fingertips, you pompous jackass. (hitting ban button)

[/QUOTE]
[URL="javascript:emoticon(':diabolo')"][IMG]http://tomodori.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/diabolo.gif[/IMG][/URL] LOL...funny

Worth1 October 20, 2009 07:17 PM

I have but one thing to say, "Compost and 13-13-13,"8-)
Well 2 things.:)

Worth

gflynn October 21, 2009 03:12 AM

Thats just plain funny. Folks that are selling crap are also incredibly rude :-)

creister October 27, 2009 11:40 AM

Aerated compost tea works so well, and is so economical, why do I want to buy somebodys "miracle crap" when I can make my own. Glad the bug was squashed.

mjc October 27, 2009 01:29 PM

Yeah, but this stuff isn't 'miracle crap'...it's some lab created cocktail of 'nutrients'...crap would be a better start...and 'crap' tea is just as wonderful as compost tea.

paprika October 31, 2009 06:10 AM

Oh My! I just now got all the spewed coffee out of my keyboard so I can reply! <grin>

Howdy Good Folks, I'm Paprika. Just joined up here a few days ago (heard Camo's 2009 list was here so I had to check it out!) and I've been lurking and learning the ropes. I wanted to get the feel for this forum before jumping in. Well, this thread definately provided me with the "flavor" of this forum. So far my experience has provided a delightful taste, seasoned with knowledge and helpfulness, a hint of humor, just enough of the smoky/ earthiness of oversight control, and a warm and lingering aroma of friendship and sharing. Delightful!

This is my long winded way of saying; My, but ya'll handled that Atomic Jerk well!

I look forward to more sharing and experiencing of this fine forum.

Paprika
(aka Prudenspurple as some will know me)

matereater October 31, 2009 07:50 AM

welcome to T-ville :)