Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Fruit, Flowers and Ornamentals (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Crape Murder. (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=34016)

FILMNET October 9, 2014 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
He write's a post ever month for the Southern living magazine, i love his shots like this one.

gssgarden October 9, 2014 09:10 PM

That guy has too much time on his hands!

Greg

FILMNET October 10, 2014 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=gssgarden;434306]That guy has too much time on his hands!

Greg[/QUOTE]

These are posts for over many years, he writes for many newsapers and magazine around south. Down here everyone looks at each o there's homes all year and no snow.

feldon30 October 10, 2014 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=Worth1;434174]A friend of mines neighbor had some huge pecan trees pruned.

They literally cut every limb back to a stump like the pictures you see in this thread.:shock:[/QUOTE]
I guess he didn't want any pecans? But then again, who cooks these days? People just go to Mickey D's and wouldn't know home cooking if it bit them in the butt.

Worth1 October 10, 2014 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=feldon30;434325]I guess he didn't want any pecans? But then again, who cooks these days? People just go to Mickey D's and wouldn't know home cooking if it bit them in the butt.[/QUOTE]
So true.

The trouble with these huge trees is it takes generations of people to care for them.
The tree doesn't always get a good caretaker. :(

Worth

Tracydr October 10, 2014 02:36 PM

I hate when the palm trimmers in AZ cut all the palm branches off big palm trees, leaving only one tiny bit of green on the top. I also hate when they make mounds or squares with the beautiful texas sage, removing all hope of flowers. They also give all the bunch grasses flat tops and skin heads.

Tracydr October 10, 2014 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=feldon30;434325]I guess he didn't want any pecans? But then again, who cooks these days? People just go to Mickey D's and wouldn't know home cooking if it bit them in the butt.[/QUOTE]

I know people afraid to eat nuts that fall from a pecan, walnut or hickory tree. Probably the same people who buy those chickens that are grown without bones or skin.
I also know people who won't eat a fresh egg from chickens because "you know where they come from", or, because it's been fertilized, yet they will spend all sorts of money buying pseudo-pastured eggs from the store.

Tomato Beth October 13, 2014 04:31 PM

This thread title kills me! :D

The bunnies and the harsh winter in southern PA pruned my baby crape myrtle for me--all the way to the ground. I was surprised when it survived and actually bloomed.

Vespertino October 19, 2014 05:20 PM

Ahh yes, crepe murder. Everyone in my neighborhood deadheads them, disgusting! I used the subject as a test (the first of three tests) to filter out a good company to trim my trees. I have 5 large crepe myrtles in the front along with other trees. I lucked out, the first person to give me an estimate passed the crepe myrtle test, didn't try to up-sell me on crap I didn't need and he turned out to be the arborist caring for some beautiful trees across the street that I admire every day. Hired!

Worth1 October 20, 2014 10:08 AM

My town doesn't butcher ours either.
I say ours because they belong to the people and taken care of by our city.
They have done a great job beautifying our town but yet some people still complain about it.
One politician came by complaining about the wast of money.
I asked him what did he want the money to go to.
I asked him if he would prefer the place to be run down.

I just proves no matter what you do you just can't win.
The guy didn't get elected he wasn't even a Texan.:evil:

Worth