Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   finally..... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29376)

TightenUp July 25, 2013 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh yea

nnjjohn July 25, 2013 08:07 AM

Nice! I would slice those cherry sized in half and make a tomato salad.. sliced red or vidal...some fresh cucs sliced regular olive oil (i don't care for extra virgin) some favorite balsomic and basil.. and as an added bonus a fat Angus T bone on the side:twisted:

efisakov July 25, 2013 10:45 AM

Keep them coming.

pinklady5 July 26, 2013 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally, I enjoyed my first BLT for lunch today with my first ripe pink, Marianna's Peace. Oh how it was soooo good!!!! MP is a favorite of mine though I only get a couple of fruit each year. It was so juicy and sweet! A little bit of bacon, boston lettuce and a lot of mayo and tomato.

BucksCountyGirl July 26, 2013 12:44 PM

Yum! That looks delicious, Pinklady!

JamesL July 26, 2013 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=TightenUp;366269]oh yea[/QUOTE]

Wow! Not really all that far from you and I am miles behind!

Alfredo July 29, 2013 09:24 AM

That's a real nice amount and variety of tomatoes you have already TightenUp. Great pics.

~Alfredo

Alfredo July 29, 2013 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=pinklady5;366632]Finally, I enjoyed my first BLT for lunch today with my first ripe pink, Marianna's Peace. Oh how it was soooo good!!!! MP is a favorite of mine though I only get a couple of fruit each year. It was so juicy and sweet! A little bit of bacon, boston lettuce and a lot of mayo and tomato.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful looking tomato pinklady5...I have seeds for that variety and haven't tried growing it...Maybe I will next season.

~Alfredo

TightenUp July 29, 2013 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=Alfredo;367186]That's a real nice amount and variety of tomatoes you have already TightenUp. Great pics.

~Alfredo[/QUOTE]

thanks!

[QUOTE=JamesL;366668]Wow! Not really all that far from you and I am miles behind![/QUOTE]

i got a nice early start and for some reason dodged a lot of weather that hit the surrounding area.

efisakov July 29, 2013 02:23 PM

How about some update with new pictures.

TightenUp July 29, 2013 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=efisakov;367309]How about some update with new pictures.[/QUOTE]

i haven't been up north in almost a week so i'm sure to get a butt load of cherries along with a few dozen big boys(not the variety big boy...just big tomatoes) assuming the hedgehog hasn't taken a bite out of each one.

rosella purple in front, odoriko(pink in middle), one small brandy boy(pink) from container, maybe a flora-dade or neptune, and some f2's determinates i'm trying out that are just starting to produce ripe tomatoes

aside from the hedgehog i'm having extreme blossom end rot on my kelloggs breakfast plant in my raised bed. no other plants have BER. i just fed with some cal-mag hoping to put a halt to the BER. i dont think watering has been an issue but maybe it has:x:?!?:

i'll be able to get some larger harvest pics in a couple days

TightenUp August 1, 2013 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
jackpot

MissS August 1, 2013 09:13 PM

Wow, I am so envious. Tomato Heaven.

efisakov August 2, 2013 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=TightenUp;368041]jackpot[/QUOTE]

Now you have to list names of the varieties you have collected. And do not forget to name the winners.:yes::lol:

TightenUp August 2, 2013 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=efisakov;368171]Now you have to list names of the varieties you have collected. And do not forget to name the winners.:yes::lol:[/QUOTE]

oh boy. well the yellow ones are KBX and the big pink ones in front are brandy boy. there is also one cherokee purple in the front there.

the rest are a mix of floradade, bwt 212, mocross carneal, rutgers, big boy, s612, big beef, odoriko, and maybe a goose creek. there are also some rosella purples in there

the cherries are sungold f1, suncherry, husky cherry and sunchocola

i should have some more tasty heirlooms this weekend. carbon, cherokee chocolate, kelloggs breakfast, stump of the world, gmg pink. still have nothing ripe from these yet but going to the garden tomorrow