Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Sample Seed Shop Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=12826)

remy June 26, 2012 09:22 AM

Thank you both!:)
Remy

raindrops27 July 6, 2012 12:13 AM

Ok, I am here to sing praises to Remy.

I just ordered a few seeds 2 kinds of beets, and dragon tongue beans on the evening of July 3rd. Boy, was I surprised to receive the package today!

I was more surprised at how very generous the seed packs are, not to mention bonus seeds, simply Amazing! :yes:

Remy, I do not know how you do it, but thank you! You are my go to seed shop in the future.

Melissa

remy July 8, 2012 11:28 AM

Thanks Melissa!:)
Remy

troad July 8, 2012 11:32 AM

Let me second the praise. Just received a packet of tomato seeds from Remy. Fast service all as ordered plus the bonus packet. Thanks Remy.
Len

royceag July 8, 2012 08:59 PM

Can't wait to order from your brilliant site! You are so smart to offer sample packets- it's very hard to find sources. I bet you could do even smaller amounts like 5-10 with great success too. Some of us just have trouble committing to larger seed packets before we've tried them out once- hehe! I'll be placing my order shortly, just have to do a little more research- you know, commitment issues...
All the best,
Royce

nativeplanter July 8, 2012 09:10 PM

Over 50% of my seeds came from Remy this year. Germination was excellent. I like that I can afford to try a number of varieties since the packets are smaller.

royceag July 8, 2012 09:17 PM

Nativeplanter, thanks so much for letting me know. I, too take note of all germination percentages, rates, etc. so, it means a lot to get firsthand feedback!R-

remy July 8, 2012 09:32 PM

Thank you all:).

Royce,
I also have commitment issues:lol:. I want to grow everything!
I make sure the tomato seeds have at least an 85% germination rate even though the law says 75%. The majority are in the 90 something range. I suppose I should add that to the site somewhere. Anyway, most people are good gardeners and have excellent results, but I figure having a minimum of 15 seeds affords people the leeway in case they do have trouble one way or another. Even I have trouble once in awhile. I had an odd one with beans. Last year, of one variety I started, not one grew. This year starting seeds of that variety out of the same batch(I figured I'd give it one more try,) all of them grew!
Remy

royceag July 8, 2012 09:40 PM

Hi Remy!
I can see myself going quite nutty over tomato seeds- I'm just fascinated by all the varieties & oddities! Funny thing is, I don't like raw tomatoes at all- I still have nightmares about going to a friend's house as a child and feeling obligated to eat the gazpacho they were serving- EEEKKK! I'm still scarred. I do love tomato sauce though and feeding others the raw ones (as long as they want them!).
Shall get my order together very soon.
Big hug,
Royce

Father'sDaughter July 8, 2012 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=remy;289449]I figure having a minimum of 15 seeds affords people the leeway in case they do have trouble one way or another. [/QUOTE]

And 15 is definitely a minimum. I counted at least 25 in most of the packs I received!

royceag July 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Well, I'm going to have to face my fear of LEFTOVERS and just deal! I'll simply have more to share with others! YAH!

hoping4tomatoes July 10, 2012 10:15 PM

Hey there! I'm exited to order from your website. You mention Fall 2012 for some of the sold out varieties. Do you know when those might be updated? If it's listed somewhere please forgive me, I'm a busy mom of four and get moments to look at seeds. Thanks!

remy July 10, 2012 11:15 PM

hoping4tomatoes,
I update the site on about Nov. 15th every year. Once it gets closer to that time, in October, and I know for sure, I post a very visible notice with the date on the site. :)
Remy

Baizanator July 15, 2012 02:00 PM

Remy,

I am excited about the Humph and Malachite Box seeds I recently ordered. What is the vine size on those varieties?

remy July 15, 2012 11:00 PM

For me they are normal indeterminates. Meaning, they are in the middle of the pack as far as size so nothing stands out in my mind. That being said though, how they behave down in TX could be different. They are both wonderfully productive here, and I hope so for you too!
Remy