Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   New in 2013 Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29203)

efisakov September 5, 2013 07:18 PM

Thank you, Kath. It was lovely. I really enjoyed your thread. The info and the pictures will be revisited time and time again.

kath September 5, 2013 08:00 PM

Thank you, Ella- I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

kath

DonnaMarieNJ September 5, 2013 08:47 PM

Kath, I LOVE your threads! Thank you! :yes:

ginger2778 September 5, 2013 09:28 PM

I loved this thread too Kath. I am a fan. Its so good to look back on it as a reference.
Your hard work is appreciated.

Marsha

kath September 5, 2013 10:54 PM

Thanks, Donna and Marsha, I'm glad I did it again this year.

kath

Alfredo September 5, 2013 11:16 PM

80 varieties of tomatoes grown is very impressive! Well done kath, I really liked reading all the descriptive info throughout your thread :)

MissS September 5, 2013 11:58 PM

Kath, thank you for all of your hard work and effort to have made this such a wonderful thread. 80 plants is a lot of work and then to take the time for posting pictures and descriptions, it is truly AMAZING!

Thanks!

kath September 6, 2013 11:16 PM

Thanks, Alfredo and Patti! Eighty varieties is too many for me so next season I'm going to cut the tomato area in half and try to give the plants a bit more room- 32 would fit nicely.

ChristinaJo September 7, 2013 03:33 AM

Thanks for all the pics and info!

roper2008 September 22, 2013 12:30 PM

Thanks for the tomato reviews Kath. Look forward to next years, even it it's
only 40, which is a lot to me.

kath September 22, 2013 04:24 PM

You're welcome, ChristinaJo and Linda- glad you liked it. I'm currently at 27 varieties, including regrows, with no plans for another review.:?!?:

kath

clara September 23, 2013 04:33 PM

kath, you should do another review now or next year - I would miss something if you don't! clara

dfollett September 30, 2013 06:02 PM

Thanks for the reviews. It is a tremendous amount of work for you - but well worth the effort (from our perspective). ;)

Did you ever resolve what your Hugh's Black really was? And did it end the season the 'Black to Beat'?

mecktom September 30, 2013 06:21 PM

Great time reading all of these reviews. thanks for getting it going.

kath September 30, 2013 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=dfollett;377550]Thanks for the reviews. It is a tremendous amount of work for you - but well worth the effort (from our perspective). ;)

Did you ever resolve what your Hugh's Black really was? And did it end the season the 'Black to Beat'?[/QUOTE]

It is a lot of work but I'm glad some of you found it useful/interesting.

As far as "Hugh's Black", I didn't spend much time investigating because it wound up producing loads of 4-6 oz. fruits with terrible splitting at the stem end well before the ripe stage so most rotted before we could eat them. It won't be back in my garden, no, so I'm still searching for the 'Black to Beat'.:roll: So far for blacks in 2014, I'm only regrowing Indian Stripe x possibly Daniels and maybe Black Magic, which started to do well and taste very good at the end of the season. Blackberry, Grosse Verte Rose, Margaret Curtain and Negrillo de Almoguera are the new-to-me black varieties for next season...so far.

kath