Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Gleckler Seedmen is Back (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=12923)

seeker February 15, 2013 06:03 PM

Dice, I usually do as you suggest. However, this really is a special case. Gleckler's is the only source for the newly-released Summer Sunrise, which I really, really want to try this year. It's frustrating checking that website 3 or more times per day, with no change. Since he was granted exclusitivity (is that a word???), I wish he'd at least make that variety available, even if he can't do a complete update.
Paula

Simone February 15, 2013 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=seeker;327963]Dice, I usually do as you suggest. However, this really is a special case. Gleckler's is the only source for the newly-released Summer Sunrise, which I really, really want to try this year. It's frustrating checking that website 3 or more times per day, with no change. Since he was granted exclusitivity (is that a word???), I wish he'd at least make that variety available, even if he can't do a complete update.
Paula[/QUOTE]

Paula,

i could not say it a better way!
You hit the nail.;)

Simone

paulgrow February 16, 2013 05:12 PM

I just got a response from them
[B]Yes, we are taking orders. You may place an order via our online store, or also by mail. If you have any other questions, please let us know![/B]
[B]Thanks,[/B]
[B]Ellie Gleckler[/B]

amideutch February 17, 2013 06:22 AM

But they still haven't updated their site to include the new 2013 offerings. Ami

Mark0820 February 18, 2013 08:06 AM

Summer Sunrise has been added to the website (under New for 2013).

Heritage February 25, 2013 06:08 PM

Adam and Ellie,

I received my order today - thanks much for the fast turnaround! Best of luck with your 2013 season!

Steve

Simone March 13, 2013 12:40 PM

Hello,

in German you say: "Wer meckert, muss auch loben.", which means (not exactly) someone who is grumping is in the need of compliment.

And after I was not very happy that nothing goes on with Gleckler I bought some seeds (of course the new dwarf). I could not resist! ;)
Worse addiction! :twisted:

Hopefully Ellie is reading this, because after just 3 and a half days the first Mazarini came up!!!! And I think this is just the beginning (I think this is a quote from a movie?? Think I have my funny day, today!). ;)

At the end of this writing I just wanna tell you that I am happy with your seeds...

Simone

seeker March 13, 2013 06:15 PM

They filled both of my recent orders very quickly, and I'm quite pleased (and really thrilled to have Summer Sunrise in hand). I hope everything is okay with them.

MikeInCypress October 13, 2013 09:02 PM

Gleckler's Site

Paypal doesn't seem to work. And I really wanted to be able to start Summer Sunrise when I return from vacation in Mid November.

MikeInCypress:no:

carolyn137 October 14, 2013 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=MikeInCypress;378662]Paypal doesn't seem to work. And I really wanted to be able to start Summer Sunrise when I return from vacation in Mid November.

MikeInCypress:no:[/QUOTE]

I need to call and/or e-mail Adam and Ellie to find out what's going on in terms of the site. I haven't seen Adam participating here recently and in the Spring I sent him a boatload of varieties new to him, with no feedback.

I certainly do hope that all is well.

Carolyn

shelleybean October 14, 2013 10:53 AM

I've had that problem with their paypal off and on the last couple of years. Sometimes I have to totally unplug my computer and start over and then it'll work. I don't know why but it's frustrating, I know. They don't seem to know why either because we've talked about it. Let me know how it turns out, please. Even if you can't get that to work, you can always write a check and do snail mail.

Yak54 January 11, 2014 01:01 PM

:)Just received my seed order today from Ellie.

Chucker July 14, 2014 06:50 PM

Appears that their website is gone? I just ordered from them about a month ago and received everything promptly. Any info on if they've closed?

shelleybean July 14, 2014 06:57 PM

I, too, saw that their site seemed to be shut down. I'd be interested to know what's going on.

ScottinAtlanta July 14, 2014 08:06 PM

Me, too. Looks like they didn't pay their host!